We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meal plans

Nelson, New Zealand
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Meal plans

Hi we are coming to Mana for our first time on 21st May. My husband and I are purchasing a meal plan and just wanted to check that our children can still eat free at the buffet when we choose to go to Southbeach Restaurant? Thanks, Tracee.

Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meal plans

Hi Tracee, If the family are staying for 5 nights and more and they purchase MP for 5 days or more than the kids under 13 yrs are entitled to eat free with full paying adult from the BUFFET MEALS only.

Nelson, New Zealand
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meal plans

Thanks....so we can still use the $50 credit at Southbeach Restaurant?

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
2,123 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meal plans

Yes, under an adult meal plan you can use the $50-00 credit at South Beach a la carte.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Meal plans

Manaregular - can you please clarify - we are going for 10 days - if we buy meal plan for 5 days, can our kids ( 6&5) eat from the buffet free? Or do we need to buy the meal plan for every day we are there?

Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Meal plans

Sorry, you have to buy the meal plan for the whole 10 days for your children to eat free of charge.

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
2,123 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Meal plans

We have again clarified this meal plan question with Mana (for Tracee_12) - the answer this morning is:

If adults buy a meal plan for 5 days or more, yes kids under 13 can eat free from the buffet on the days that the meal plan is paid for.

If Mum & Dad (on a meal plan) decide not to eat the buffet (but want to go to South Beach a la carte) they can first take their children to the buffet area - sit with them whilst they eat OR hire a babysitter/nanny to sit with them. We would hope that parents would be responsible and not leave very young children on their own at the buffet area, whilst the parents went elsewhere. Those with meal plans are provided with cards containing dates of meal plans already paid for.

Vicki C - the kids eat free buffet is only honoured when adults buy a meal plan. Staying for 10 days and only paying for 5days on a meal plan - the kids will only be able to eat free for those 5 days paid for. Kids would have to be paid for, for the remaining 5 days wherever you decided to eat.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Meal plans

OK thanks - I didn't mean to send the kids to the buffet by themselves!

So if parents buy meal plans for 5 or more days, the kids can eat from the buffet on those days.

Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Meal plans

That's right.

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
2,123 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Meal plans

to Vicki C - YES

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Meal plans

Thanks - I think flicarose told me the buffet themes so I will pick my 5+ nights selectively!

I haven't seen photos of the food, anyone sharing those?