We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Children Under 12 Eat Free with Paying Adult

Which Mana Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Children Under 12 Eat Free with Paying Adult

We arrive on Mana Island for the first time next month and our two children eat free with a paying adult, we booked through a travel agent. Can anyone who has had this deal explain a bit more to me about this deal. Can just one of us parents pay to eat with them at the buffet in order for both children to eat free and charge the adult buffet cost back back to our room?

What is the current cost for the buffet breakfast on it's own if not on a meal plan?

What is the current cost for the buffet dinner on it's own if not on a meal plan?

Is it any cheaper to purchase a half meal plan and does this have to be done through the travel agent prior to arriving or can we do it when we arrive?

Sorry for all the questions but I have asked the travel agent this and she is getting a bit confused as well - just told me kids eat free with a paying adult and we don't have to pre-purchase a meal plan for this deal but I just want clarification before we go so we know what to expect.

Thank you. Lisa

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Children Under 12 Eat Free with Paying Adult

Yes - kids 12yrs and UNDER eat free when adult buys a meal plan - This is for the BUFFET. All meal plans are applicable for the buffet only(North Beach) - if you choose to eat at South Beach a la carte you are given $50-00 credits each adult for your meal at SB - if your meal costs extra (say another $20-00) this is put onto your room account. Credits can be used for food only - not drinks.

PAY AS YOU GO:

Dinner Buffet $65-00 per person (from 6pm)

Lunch BBQ - $30-00 per person or eat at the South Beach

Breakfast $35-00 per person - available at the North Beach buffet area.

A la carte - as stated on the menus at South Beach.

Meal plans can be purchased on arrival at the resort. ($130 adults for Full Board, $100-00 for Half board and $35-00 for a breakfast plan). You MUST book early (at Guest Relations desk) for a place at the South Beach a la carte - they only have so many guests at certain times through each evening.

Meal plans are confusing to say the least, and we've tried for a long time to get them uploaded onto the website in plain/simple language. I will ask about 1 adult paying & 2 kids eating free .....

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Children Under 12 Eat Free with Paying Adult

Thank you for the reply. So if we don't do the meal plan and just pay as we go will that mean the children don't get to eat for free? As our travel agent is saying we don't have to have the meal plan? All a bit confusing which is why I wanted go get it sorted before we arrive. Thank you.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Children Under 12 Eat Free with Paying Adult

My understanding (may not be correct) is that you have to

1) have a meal plan for at least 5 days to get the kids eat free deal; and

2) that you have to prepay this (on arrival).

No idea about 1 adult 2 kids - doesn't sound like much fun for either adult to me (one eats with the kids, the other eats by themselves?)

ETA: so yes if you don't prepay then the kids don't eat free.

Edited: 18 June 2013, 12:42
Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Children Under 12 Eat Free with Paying Adult

Kids and Mana meal plans - am having eligibility clarified again from Mana, but as of April 2013 Kids could eat free at the buffet on the days that the Adults had paid for a meal plan (Full or Half board). If Mum/Dad pay for 5 days of meal plans (but are actually staying on Mana for ten days), then kids can only eat free for those five paid up days - (not the whole ten). Parents can take kids to the b uffet area (opens 6pm) for their dinner and sit with them or hire a babysitter to supervise them. Then kids can be dropped off at Kids Club while Mum/Dad enjoy a la carte at South Beach. Of course, it is hoped that parents would act responsibly and not just leave kids unattended at the buffet (North Beach) area.

Fiji
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Children Under 12 Eat Free with Paying Adult

Bula Vinaka and thank you for your queries with regards to the children's meal plan.

It is advisable that adults get at least the half board meal plan with the Travel Agent before they come to Fiji, as this is pre - paid. As long as you stay 5 nights or more 2 children under 12 years get to eat free only off the buffet meals only.

There are options that guests could choose off and that is the food Kiosk that is now from 10am until 6pm daily with light snacks, there is a Mini room service pizza menu and fries also available and the A La Carte restaurant that have great choices on the menu during the day.

Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us on: info@manafiji.com

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Children Under 12 Eat Free with Paying Adult

Does the kids eat free apply to the breakfast plan?

If not, how much is breakfast for kids (under 12)?

Also for direct bookings do we pay for meal plans when we arrive?

Edited: 19 June 2013, 03:11
Waitakere City, New...
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
Level Contributor
2,544 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Children Under 12 Eat Free with Paying Adult

Vicki, you could always just takes the kids next door for breakfast...

ratukinidiveresort.com.fj/library/documents/…

Bet they'd be happy to eat banana or pineapple pancakes everyday for their breckie. Come to think of it so would I! ;-)

8. Re: Children Under 12 Eat Free with Paying Adult

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Mana Island