We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North beach restaurant renovations between 23 and 28 January

sydney
Level Contributor
183 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
North beach restaurant renovations between 23 and 28 January

Hi there,

We have just been advised that the north beach restaurant will be closed for renovations for a week starting on the 24th of January. I remember that the restaurant has quite a large capacity and am wondering how it will affect the resort's dining capacity. I am a bit worried that the south beach restaurant is a lot smaller and therefore it might be difficult to fit all the guests?

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North beach restaurant renovations between 23 and 28 January

I will check this out and confirm for you. Yes, the Mamanuca Restaurant (North Beach) is/was to undergo extensive renovations, but thought it was to be a little later. Yes, it does have a large capacity (in and out), but will find out what alternatives are being organised. South Beach is really quite large (inside and outside) and during the 'low' season could probably cope. The Conference Centre may also be able to be used (adjacent to South Beach Restaurant). This is nice and have had dinners in here previously. Think it caters for around 80-90 guests.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
751 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North beach restaurant renovations between 23 and 28 January

When were on Mana earlier this week we were advised that the renovations to the North Beach side (restaurants, pool etc) were not scheduled to commence until after schoolies 2014.

South Beach is very large and would more than cope with the visitors to the island, particularly in low season, and as Flicarose said the conference centre has added capacity.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
751 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: North beach restaurant renovations between 23 and 28 January

When were on Mana earlier this week we were advised that the renovations to the North Beach side (restaurants, pool etc) were not scheduled to commence until after schoolies 2014.

South Beach is very large and would more than cope with the visitors to the island, particularly in low season, and as Flicarose said the conference centre has added capacity.

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: North beach restaurant renovations between 23 and 28 January

This from Mana management - During the short closure of the Mamanuca Restaurant (North Beach area) the resort will provide meals at the South Beach Restaurant i.e. American Breakfast, Al La Carte Lunch and dinner - salad and dessert bars will also be available. The North Beach Restaurant opens again from Wednesday 29th January (at dinner time) and operates normally from Thursday 30th January.

Kids (under 12 years) travelling that normally 'eat free' will be able to choose from the normal kids a la carte menu. Have a great holiday on Mana - there's plenty to keep everyone occupied.

sydney
Level Contributor
183 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: North beach restaurant renovations between 23 and 28 January

Thanks you for your replies. I liked the buffet option for the kids 'eat free' as it was easy, and then my husband and I could go and have dinner at south beach restaurant while the kids were having fun at the kids club. Hopefully we can do the same thing at south beach, have the kids eat first and then come back for dinner.

6. Re: North beach restaurant renovations between 23 and 28 January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2015, 05:21