We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mana breakfast for kids

Which Mana Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dunedin, New Zealand
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Mana breakfast for kids

Last year when we went my then 8 year old had free breakfasts and my 13 paid half price mostly sometimes free. Does anyone know if this is still the same? My 14 year old I'm sure will be half the adult price but wondered if my 9 year old will be free. We won't be buying meal packages as we only have breakfasts then use the backpackers or South Beach.

62 days and counting and now we will be a returnees....woohoo.... Happy dance!!!!

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mana breakfast for kids

Gadgetmum - Kids under 5 years eat free off the kids buffet meals only. If they eat off the adults buffet charges will apply. So no your 9 year old would not eat free.

-------------------------

This below was posted few weeks ago after confirmation from Mana. Applicable from 1 April 2014 till 31 March 2015 (Xmas/New Year incurs extra costs)

Kids Meals on Mana - the word compulsory is not really what it means (ambiguous) It applies to a meal plan for kids who want to eat buffet on a meal plan.

There are 2 choices of food types for kids and 3 different payment options.

If kids 6-12 want 3 buffet meals per day - cost $48-00 per day

If kids want to eat buffet 'pay as you go' it is 50% off

If kids want to eat at South Beach Restaurant there is a kids menu available i.e. pastas, vegetables, chicken, beef, fish, french fries, mixed/steam vegetables, mash, icecream - ranging between $10-$15. Or they can eat from the regular menu for which they have to pay.

Answers to your other queries are coming shortly.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
29 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mana breakfast for kids

Hiya,

I have two little kids, 3 and 5 years olds. How does the 'free meal for little kids' actually work? Do they eat free only when dining with paying adults? Or do they just eat free, whether with us or not? I just wondered if it was possible, adults could having a free options of eating there or elsewhere, but having the kids fed there.

Also how does the breakfast work for little kids? I am paying for breakfasts only - planning. Do kids eat the same breakfast from the same buffet? Or are there a separate buffet they eat from? Are we able to sit together if later was the case?

Thanks in advance for whomever has the answer for me :)

Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mana breakfast for kids

Kids eat free at Mana only when they are with paying adults. Children eat from the same breakfast buffet as the adults and sit with their parents. However, If they belong to the kids Club, and their parents desire, , supervisors will keep them occupied near the main lounge whilst the parents enjoy their breakfast.

Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mana breakfast for kids

KellyL Oops, just spoken to Manage management, kids under 6 can eat free without their parents paying for a meal.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
29 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mana breakfast for kids

Thank you for clarifying the answer with the management. Greatly appreciated. Trying to manage kids food uring holiday can sometimes be a daunting task (when you dont have your own kitchen at your owe time:)) hence your answer greatly appreciated !!!

Dunedin, New Zealand
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mana breakfast for kids

Hi Kelly,

Last time I took a suitcase of snacks to Mana. My kids are a bit older and the only lunch snack we had was the occasional ice cream and the snacks we had. We even took some home as the heat zapped our appetite. You will have a blast.

7. Re: Mana breakfast for kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Mana Island