We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Navini island sand and bures??

Ocean Grove...
Level Contributor
369 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Navini island sand and bures??

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can clear up a couple of questions for me. I am seriously considering Navini as a part of my family's Fiji holiday. I was under the impression that the sand was lovely and soft for walking on. This is important to me when choosing an island as I will have a crawling baby. I have rules out Malolo for this reason (coral sand). I have just read a review about Navini where it was suggested that visitors take reef shoes as the sand is rough or course. Is that the case??

Also I thought that the bures stood single but this recent review said they stayed in one that was Duplex??

Can anyone clarify these things for me?

Thanks in advance

Kat

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,974 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Navini island sand and bures??

Hi

Navini is wonderful. The sand is soft you only need reef shoes if you walk over rocks. If you check out the website you will see the bure configurations.

The Premier bures are duplex with 1 Queen and 1 single bed they have a cement wall separating them. We have stayed in these and never would have know there was anyone else on the otherside. Generally if the resort is not full they will not put anyone beside you anyway. Then is the 2 bedroom bure which stands alone and is my personal choice a lot more room to move around with sitting area plus outdoor private area with a few steps down to the beach and your own sun lounges and thatched umbrella. Apparently there is more sand is on the northern side of the island since the last cyclone so there maybe some exposed rocks on the southern side.

It is my favorite resort. You won't be disappointed with Navini very private and peaceful, good food and wonderful staff. You are treated like a member of the family.

Ocean Grove...
Level Contributor
369 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Navini island sand and bures??

Thanks Hooked. We would need a 2 bedroom bure as there will be 5 of us so that suits? I suppose I can ask for a bure on the sandy side of the island. We would steer clear of the rocks with the little one, just needed to be sure that the sand was soft (I'm from Australia so used of nice soft sand) and not coral sand.

Appreciate your help.

Kat

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,974 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Navini island sand and bures??

We have beautiful white sand beaches in Australia with only a few with coarser sand. I am not a fan of the hard coral sand that some of the Fiji islands has. When you contact Navini ask them if the sand is still soft after the cyclone you never know what the ocean can dish up! It has always been lovely over the many years we have been going there, We are about to book another holiday there later in the year.

Barb

4. Re: Navini island sand and bures??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2010, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Navini Island