We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Castaway Island

Brisbane, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Castaway Island

hi there!

A question for those who have holidayed on Castaway Island..

Does Castaway Island have "real" coffee / good coffee? :)

If so, which cafe / bar / restaurant does it?

Tweed Heads...
Level Contributor
201 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Castaway Island

They have excellent coffee at the waters edge restaurant from a proper espresso machine. I remember having a cappuccino at breakfast most days and assume its available throughout the day. Not sure at whether it's available at all the bars/food areas but as its a small island, never too far to walk.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
163 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Castaway Island

As pp mentioned yes they do have real coffee and it's available at the main bar restaurant which is the hub of the entire resort. Not far from anything and you can get take away. I haven't been since the most recent renos so they may have even put a coffee machine in the new poolside dining area. Just be aware that the milk is all uht in Fiji and therefore the coffee tastes different. It's certainly not the standard of a great barista coffee that you would get in Australia. I am a coffee snob and only drink real coffee that's good. To be honest I find it too warm to drink much coffee over there, one cup a day is it for me over there.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,449 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Castaway Island

Great resort you won't be disappointed. Wonderful coffee.

4. Re: Castaway Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2013, 09:41