We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Towels & Island Hoppers

Auckland
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Towels & Island Hoppers

Bula!

We are traveling to Treasure next week, there are 4 in our family, 2 adults and 2 children (1 & 2). We're traveling to Treasure via Helicopter and have just found out that you can only take 15kgs per adult and nothing for the children. It's unlikely I'm going to be able to get everything for the 4 of us weighing less then 30kgs!! Although I'll give it a good go!. I just noticed on the website it says that you can take more luggage on the helicopter it might just come later on another flight or by boat - does anyone know if there is a cost for this? Also do Treasure provide beach towels? Just trying to cut back on luggage where possible!

Vinaka!

Hervey Bay...
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Towels & Island Hoppers

Hi there,

You are going to love your stay at Treasure!! We got married there a year ago next month.

Yes they have beach towels at Reception, you only have to ask.

I have heard you can send your luggage by boat, but I dont know what's involved in doing this. You could try contacting either your TA to find out, or South Sea cruises in Fiji on http://www.ssc.com.fj/contact.aspx

I booked a scenic flight for my husband and I, of the surrounding islands as a wedding present to him and it was fantastic!! Highly recommended to everyone! It was just awesome and the beauty of the islands was just breathtaking.

Have a fantastic and relaxing stay in Fiji.... =)

Auckland
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Towels & Island Hoppers

Thanks so much for your response. I've tried packing the girls stuff tonight and there is no way that I am going to get everything there under 30kgs! I've emailed the helicopter company so hopefully we get a response before we leave next week!

Hervey Bay...
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Towels & Island Hoppers

lol....good luck with that. I know what its like trying to pack under certain weights when traveling with littlies.

You could try sending a private message to Fiji-suz. She lives in Fiji and is brilliant at answering these sort of questions. She might be able to advise you on what to do in case you don't hear from Island Hoppers.

Have you thought of catching the Boat over to the island and then do a scenic flight of the surrounding islands instead during your stay at Treasure?

We found it was condiserably cheaper to do it this way!! It only cost us $99 p/p (a yr ago), for a 10 min flight, the same length of time it would take for them to fly from Nadi to Treasure.

We contacted Island Hoppers for prices then booked through reception at Treasure before we left Australia. Treasure asked us to forward the email from Island Hoppers quoting their price. They were then more than happy to book for us at that price. All very easy and just paid for it at the end of our holiday!

They might be a little bit lenient in their weight restrictions, as they kids are little and wont really weigh all that much themselves, so leaving more weight for luggage.

Good luck.... =) I'm so jealous....

Tell Lavenia (the wedding co-ordinator), Maree and Roland from Australia say BULA! She might remember us?? lol If she doesn't tell her I'm the one who got married in purple with my 2 daughters dressed in white! (I sent her pics)

Make sure you add a review of Treasure when you return. I would love to read it....

4. Re: Beach Towels & Island Hoppers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 16:46
Get answers to your questions about Treasure Island