We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island Bure or Ocean View bure? Worth the extra money?

Terrigal, NSW
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Island Bure or Ocean View bure? Worth the extra money?

Hello All,

We have just booked to stay at Treasure island for 5 nights in december after reading some great reviews. My question is.. is it worth the extra money for an ocean view bure or are the garden view bures equally as nice?

Also I saw that the bures are in sets of 2's.. we are travelling with my extended family so if we get 2 bures that are next to each other and share a wall are we still going to have enough privacy?

Cant wait.. 54 days to go!

Mentioned in this post
Treasure Island Resort
Treasure Island Resort
926 Reviews
Treasure Island, Fiji
Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Island Bure or Ocean View bure? Worth the extra money?

I might be wrong, but i'm not sure if the island bures have been renovated. We stayed recently in an ocean view bure- was a short walk to the ocean. You can ask for 2 interconnecting bures. We couldn't hear the people next door at all

Wollongong
Level Contributor
97 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Island Bure or Ocean View bure? Worth the extra money?

Which bure did you book?

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Island Bure or Ocean View bure? Worth the extra money?

an ocean view bure- think it was room no 41

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
186 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Island Bure or Ocean View bure? Worth the extra money?

We stayed in a beachfront bure and was DEFINATELY worth the extra money..the beach was at our door! If u want a pic pm me. We didn't hear a thing from the people in the burr next to us :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
186 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Island Bure or Ocean View bure? Worth the extra money?

We stayed in a beachfront bure and was DEFINATELY worth the extra money..the beach was at our door! If u want a pic pm me. We didn't hear a thing from the people in the bure next to us :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
186 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Island Bure or Ocean View bure? Worth the extra money?

We stayed in a beachfront bure and was DEFINATELY worth the extra money..the beach was at our door! If u want a pic pm me. We didn't hear a thing from the people in the bure next to us :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
186 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Island Bure or Ocean View bure? Worth the extra money?

8. Re: Island Bure or Ocean View bure? Worth the extra money?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Treasure Island