We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ag g

Montreal, Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
ag g

Sorry for bad title thread. My mistake.

I'm going to Qamea in early July and I was wondering if I had to worry about the typhoid outbreak. Has it reached Qamea island ? Any one has some input ?

Going to do Blue laggon cruise a few days before, but I heard that one is safe, since you only drink bottled water there.

Thks everyone.

Edited: 04 June 2010, 03:01
Taveuni
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: ag g

The typhoid outbreak is limited to the interior of Viit Levu, the main island where Nadi & Suva are located. This is a far cry from Taveuni and Qamea. The hotels and resorts on the Coral Coast on Viti Levu are much closer to the scene, and they have not reported any outbreak. Relax and enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Nadi
Nadi
Viti Levu, Fiji
Suva
Suva
Viti Levu, Fiji
Coral Coast
Coral Coast
Viti Levu, Fiji
Montreal, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ag g

Thanks a lot.

Dunedin NZ
Level Contributor
34 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ag g

Hi,we're 5 miles from Qamea Beach Club at Maqai Beach Resort,2 star rather than the lovely 5 star QBC, typhoid outbreaks have occurred on Vanua Levu some 50 miles and 2 ocean passages away,quickly identified and isolated/treated by Health Dept of Fiji, absolutely no problem on Qamea Island, and you will find QBC clean,safe and well run.

Best wishes

Richard

Mentioned in this post
Fiji
Fiji
South Pacific
Montreal, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ag g

Great news. Thanks for your answer.

5. Re: ag g

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2010, 05:16