We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baggage on pacific sun to qamea

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Baggage on pacific sun to qamea

Ok so how am i supposed to pack for 9 days for under 33 pounds? Help! Im ok if i just bring swimming suits and shorts and tshirts, but throw in sundresses and clothes for dinner and snorkel gear and cameras and hiking shoes.... Any suggestions?

7 replies to this topic
LAX
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baggage on pacific sun to qamea

Excess baggage fees are not bad - just make sure you are not over 50 pounds per bag.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baggage on pacific sun to qamea

Really? So i can bring more just pay- works for me. Thanks!!!

LAX
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baggage on pacific sun to qamea

Actually now that I think about it - since Air Pacific now owns Pacific Sun, you may be given the full 50 pounds (per person) as long as you have one through ticket. If you have seperate tickets to Taveuni you would have excess baggage fees. By the way - Qamea is the absolute best location in Fiji. Rest assured you will have the time of your lives!

Here is the Air Pacific link with luggage details:

airpacific.com/flying-with-us/fj-baggage-all…

Edited: 15 March 2013, 16:28
Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,459 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baggage on pacific sun to qamea

Most people tend to overpack, me included. Always take clothes we never wear. Most resorts offer laundry service which helps keep the packing down. Would contact Qamea, if it is included in the price or an extra charge.

Have flown from Nadi to Taveuni on Pacific Sun four times. Twice we took the allowed baggage weight by Air Pacific and not charged extra for the flights to Taveuni. The other two times, we were overweight due to gifts we brought for the village/school we were visiting. Charged 100FD, and the other time weren't charged anything.

The plane is a twin engine Otter seating about 16 people. The flight takes about 1 1/2, and can be an experience depending on the weather. Views of the islands and water are spectacular. Have your camera handy. Be prepared to weighed with your carryon bags before you board the plane.

Recommend packing your swimsuits and a change of clothes or two in your carryon bags. If the plane is full, there is a chance all your luggage will not make the flight with you. Happened to us twice. The rest of our baggage arrived on a later flight the same day. A staff member at the resort we stayed at, met the plane and delivered it to our bure.

As this is your first trip to Fiji, the following link maybe helpful. Has suggestions of what to take with you.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294331-c134773/Fiji:…

Edited: 15 March 2013, 21:43
Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baggage on pacific sun to qamea

Ok I am not going to overpack but if I run out of clothes then I'm blaming you guys. Haha

I am just ready to be there already!!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Baggage on pacific sun to qamea

We went on our honeymoon for 2 weeks with under 15kgs of luggage :).

Just pack light summer clothes (as it's almost always warm in Fiji), with one jumper/long pants just incase.

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,459 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Baggage on pacific sun to qamea

Good luck with that, Fishergirl11. I say the same thing every time, and always over pack :) One thing, you won't need is high heels......leave em home.

Enjoy your countdown till you arrive in paradise.

Reply to: Baggage on pacific sun to qamea
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted