We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qamea Resort drink prices

Which Qamea Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Qamea Resort drink prices

I have noticed several reviews in print and various websites mentioning very pricey cocktails at the Qamea Resort. Can anybody out there provide some specifics? My wife and I are considering a trip there soon and would like to plan ahead for carrying enough cash for such things (a week or 10 days' worth of drinks for 2 folks will add up, I'm sure!).

Thanks...

eureka
Level Contributor
146 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qamea Resort drink prices

might consider bringing your own...............just my thoughts Rod

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,455 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Qamea Resort drink prices

hey! Remember it's the Fijian dollar which is a favorable exchange rate for the US dollar....also most resorts are expensive for a cocktail with an umbrella. I can't remember the exact cost of a drink but it wasn't out of line considering where you are...also you will find the wines to be quite good. If you are really concerned I would suggest buying a bottle of your favorite at the duty free in LAX. They will give it to you when you get on the plane...just pop it into your carry on. You can buy juices or sodas to mix drinks in your room and save $$$.

sunny regards,

shully

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,455 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Qamea Resort drink prices

by the way todays exchange rate is $1FJ = $.57USD so that's about two to one! What a deal!!!!!!!!!

sunny regards,

shully

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Qamea Resort drink prices

We just got back and some of the prices I remember were $18FJ for a margarita, and I think it was $11FJ for a cranberry and vodka. There was nothing special about the margarita so I'm not sure why it was so pricey. I think a glass of white wine was somewhere around $9-10FJ. We just got back and they didn't give me a copy of the detailed receipt when we left. If you're more than very light drinkers, it definitely pays to bring your own, which is very easy to do by buying at the duty free shop that's right there when you land.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Qamea Resort drink prices

Thanks all for the feedback. Good to hear that there is duty free shopping after you land.

Cheers!

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Qamea Resort drink prices

Also, just to be clear: There's a DFS in Nadi right where you pick up your bags. There's really nothing at all at the 'terminal' in Taveuni.

Houston
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Qamea Resort drink prices

I don't remember the prices, but the nice thing was that they added everything to a tab, which you could put on a credit card at the end of the trip so you don't need to worry about carrying cash around or exchanging any money.

Marin, CA
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Qamea Resort drink prices

My husband and I just got back and the drinks at Qamea were cheaper than the cheaper resort we had been at. They are not too bad. A cocktail is 14$ Fijian which translated for us to under 10$ US. We ordered a nice bottle of red wine for under $40 US too!

Hawaii
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Qamea Resort drink prices

We stayed at three resorts in Fiji in August, Qamea, Matangi, and the Westin. Qamea and Matangi's drink prices were about the same, and we did not think they were expensive. We drink wine and beer, and had lovely glasses of house chardonney at Qamea from New Zealand for what converts to about US$ 5.00 a glass, and the beer was a bit less than that. I am not sure what all the chatter is about drink prices at Qamea and other resorts in Fiji, maybe the people posting on here have not figured out that the prices are in Fiji dollars and not US dollars?

eureka
Level Contributor
146 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Qamea Resort drink prices

FijiForLife:Would you mind mentioning which resort did you like best out of the three you visited in fiji?...............thanks Rod