We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip in August

Which Pacific Harbour hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Clayton, New York
1 post
Save Topic
Trip in August

Hello. My sister and I are traveling to Fiji for two weeks in August. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do or any information that may be necessary for us to know before traveling. We are going to stay at the Uprising Beach Resort and so far all I have read is Great Reviews! The Zipline is definitely on our list of things to do. What else should we consider as far as activities? Does anyone know if you are able to go through a scuba certification class on the resort or any where near the resort. As for a budget what should we expect? Any info will help! Thanks

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,600 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip in August

All sounds good. Uprising great resort, Zipline... well I',m trying to psych myself to do it, 45 meters above the ground is a long way!! You should be able to do an intro to dive course or a full open water course if not at Uprising at a nearby resort or dive facility. Intro to diving is not that expensive and the full Open water course around F$400-F$500 depending on where you do it.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
437 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip in August

Hi

Here is a list of things to do and see on the Coral Coast. Around 45 min drive from Pacific harbour towards Nadi

Have fun :-)

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294331-i883-k3378…

Lancing,West Sussex
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip in August

Pacific Harbour is a great place to stay,the journey from Nadi can take a few hours(you have a choice private car or the bus and the price does vary dramatically, Coral Sun can organise either for you and the prices are available on their website.) We stayed at the Pearl previously and are returning there in July this year.The Diving is 1st class at Aquatrek as are Brandon and his team(www.Aquatrek.com and just look at the Beqa link for more details),they are extremely welcoming and really make a difference in all they do.

The Shark dive is truly amazing and an unforgettable experience as well,there are also a number of other dive sites close by,that will wet your appetite for the undersea world too.

Brisbane Qld
Level Contributor
212 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip in August

staying in Pacific Harbour for two weeks you should consider two or three days on Beqa Island. You will see Beqa Island from Uprising Beach Resort

have a look at this place

http://www.lawakibeachhousefiji.com/

Maryborough...
Level Contributor
199 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip in August

Hi We were in Fiji a few weeks ago and had a ball.

Would highly recommend the zipline.

I am scare of heights and at first it was quiet scary, but by the second time around the course I loved it.

It's safe as houses.

Kerrie

Level Contributor
302 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip in August

Uprising has an on-site water sports company called Sublime with a variety of water activities available. The jet ski looked liked a great thing to do but unfortunately, I ran outta time to do it.....definitely next trip ;)

Pacific Harbour is known to be Fiji's adventure capital so there must be lots to do around there & yep, zip lining was a lot of fun....whhheeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Have a great time at Uprising.

Lancing,West Sussex
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip in August

Just thought to add a direct link to AquaTrek Beqa,it is worth browsing the website as it contains all interesting facts,figures and also costs,they will do Scuba Certification too, and what a place to learn in, we are back there in 2 weeks and can't wait,hope you really enjoy it .It is worth emailing ahead and booking yourselves in for the diving as it is popular there. http://aquatrek.com/

California
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip in August

Bula (as they say in Fiji)

I highly recommend Aqua-Trek Beqa to complete your diving course. The dive instructor - Pedro is one of the most experienced in Fiji and you will surely enjoy his jokes. Very professional, safe and fun.

Add extra days to do the shark dive with Pedro - this is the best dive in the world.

9. Re: Trip in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Pacific Harbour