We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Uprising Resort

Which Pacific Harbour hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hastings, New...
3 posts
Save Topic
The Uprising Resort

Hi, does anyone know if the Uprising Resort is a good place to take a 3 year old? There doesn't seem to be many Family reviews on that resort. Thanks

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
296 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Uprising Resort

We only walked up there for lunch, which we ate with our 7,8,9,11 year olds. There were lots of other kids staying at the resort, enjoying a themed lunch, and the place appeared lovely. We were almost going to stay there, but opted for a "time-share package" at nearby Fiji Palms, which worked out cheaper. We were there for about 4 hours as the kids swam in the pool etc, and no one seemed to mind. I think it is advertised as a "flashpacker" style resort and while we did not see the rooms at all, the grounds were certainly better than backpacker style accoms. The locals also mingel on the weekends and use the pool and beach and it's great for the kids to play around with them.

I remember reading negative reviews about the locals being lud, drunk and taking over. I've never really known Fijians to be like that, even though they are so, so poor. But could you imagine what a bunch of unemployed Houso's would do to a resort like that???

Melbourne
Level Contributor
283 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Uprising Resort

I stayed at the Uprising resort in late October for business. There was several families staying there with babies and toddlers - they were mainly Europeans. It is such a quiet resort and I would say that it is perfect for a young family ! As it has the backpackers accommodation as part of the resort it could potentially get noisy but in my time there we never had any issues with noise! The rooms are far enough removed from the bar and restaurant . If possible go for one of the new beach Or Garden Villas - they were amazing and great value !! Enjoy !! I will certainly be back with my family !

3. Re: The Uprising Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2013, 10:34
Get answers to your questions about Pacific Harbour