We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Point Bure Octopus resort

New Zealand
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Point Bure Octopus resort

We are about to book some accommodation at Octopus resort in a Point Bure, people have commented on here that they are not all like the one in the pictures, has anyone stayed in Point 1 or 2 and able to tell me if they are the same, thank you

21 replies to this topic
Echuca, Australia
Level Contributor
756 posts
70 reviews
1. Re: Point Bure Octopus resort

We stayed in Point 1. Our friends stayed in Point 3 on another stay & I think their room was slightly better. Personally I like the bathrooms of the Garden/Beach bures.

Point rooms are spacious & have a private deck area & hammock as well as air conditioning. You can’t go wrong.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Point Bure Octopus resort

thank you, yes we just stay in the garden bures but this time our son and his wife and three litttle ones are coming, the 2brm beachfront bures are a bit out of the budget but we have decided a point bure would be good, its a very special trip for them , so just want to get it right, I had just read a comment on here about not all the point bures being like the one in the picture and some are nicer than others, at the moment they are all free on our dates so appreciate your help,.

Sydney
Level Contributor
67 posts
65 reviews
3. Re: Point Bure Octopus resort

We have stayed in point 4. It is the last bure on the beach and has the longest walk to the restaurant bar and pool. Points 1 and 2 are at the other end of the resort and closer to the restaurant, bar and pool. They are also closer to the channel where you enter the ocean. The points suit a couple, you mention that your family is travelling with 3 children. It would be very tight inside the point with 5 people. Ours only had a king bed. Not sure how one would fit in 3 extra beds even for children.

Echuca, Australia
Level Contributor
756 posts
70 reviews
4. Re: Point Bure Octopus resort

I peeked into the Point room next to us as they were setting up for a family. They had at least 2 single beds & still looked not too squishy.

We had a king and a single when we stayed & definitely could have fitted more in. I wonder if Point 1 & 2 are larger rooms?

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
2,474 posts
298 reviews
5. Re: Point Bure Octopus resort

We did the point bure thing and it left a nasty taste in our mouths. We didn't get the king bed that we ordered and were told that it didn't come with one when the unit next door did and then to be told our double bed was a Fiji King really lit me up. We eventually got our king bed but not without a fight. The bathroom had a hole in the roof rather than being the one in the pictures.

TaiMarilyn stays there all the time and really knows how to get the best out of the resort so I would send her a private message.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Point Bure Octopus resort

thanks for that, yes I've heard that, because this is a very special trip for them that they have been planning for a long time and I know they won't be able to afford to do it again for a very long time, just want to book the nicer Bure if there is quite a difference between them, its not until next August and seems all 4 point Bures are available for our prefered dates, thanks again Lee

New Zealand
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Point Bure Octopus resort

thank you, would love to book them a 2brm but at $1000plus NZ a night its just to much so we will have to put up with being a bit crowded, but I had been told that some of the point suites are bigger/nicer than others so just hoping someone might know which is the one in the photo which looks great.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
2,217 posts
64 reviews
8. Re: Point Bure Octopus resort

Lee - the pictures on the website are of Points 3 and 4, they are the ones at the southern end of the resort, furthest away from the dining room, pool, bar. Very quiet and private - and it only takes very few minutes to walk to the other end of the resort. I have stayed in Point 3and found it more than adequate for 2people. My daughter stayed in Point 4 with her family, two children, maybe 9 and 12 years at the time. They were fine with the amount of room they had. There is a large deck area for extra living space which provides somewhere for adults to sit out on if children are in bed. Point 4 probably has bigger deck area.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: Point Bure Octopus resort

thanks once again for your helpful reply, it sounds like the pictures on the website are of point 3 and 4 so even though its a little further away from the pool etc might be the better option and a bit quieter when the little ones are having a sleep cheers Lee

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
2,474 posts
298 reviews
10. Re: Point Bure Octopus resort

I know this is out of left field but we go to Navini each year and this year we took my Mother in Law (MIL).

We stayed in the Family Bure which was $1000.00 per night but do the conversion. I just did into Aust Dollars and it worked out to $631 AUD. Transfers are a snap. Stay 7+ nights and get your transfers from the airport free.

Can only be booked via the website but it just might be an alternative for that once in a lifetime trip.

https://www.navinifiji.com.fj/

They also have two roomed Bures which can comfortably be configured to fit 5 and may be an option

Reply to: Point Bure Octopus resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted