I'm starting to think that we will get bored at some of the resorts. I'm looking to expand our activities. I was looking at some flickr photos, and just loved this one that I found of Waya island http://www.flickr.com/photos/71377087@N00/1385026726/ . I would LOVE to do this hike, if just for this photo opp. This looks like a larger island and might keep us busier.
1. Does Octopus provide kayaks?
2. Does Octopus allow fly fishing from shore, or wade-fishing? Do they allow fishing from kayaks? We'd bring our own tackle.
3. The Point and Poppy Lodge bures look nice and have A/C. Has anyone stayed here? Can you tell me about the layout? Are these multiple units in one building, or are all separate? If they are together, were there any noise issues? Are children allowed in these rooms? Are these rooms secluded from the main resort area?
4. How is the pool? Clean, hopefully?
5. Do we have access to explore the entire island, or are some areas off limits?
6. From the photos on Flickr and on TA, this resort looks pretty nice. Is it rustic / shabby up close?
7. How is the food? Are there many menu choices?
8. Is the resort quiet? Or is this a party all night resort? We don't drink / party, and don't want to be disrupted by a nightclub next door.
This is a much lower price resort than the others on our list, but meets some of our demands. The Yasawas seem to be better for fishing because of more lagoon areas. I like that this is a larger island, and think we would have more to do. I don't like being confined to a small resort area. But I am leery of the "backpacker resort". Please tell me of your experience.