We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Backpacker advice required

manchester
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Backpacker advice required

Am looking to spend a week in Fiji and it sounds like the Yasawa Islands are the place to head for backpackers, is this correct and can anyone advise on decent cheap accommodation for first night in Nadi, and then islands too? So far have only been able to find places for 200 Fiji dollars a night for a double room, is that really the going rate? Some contact emails would be great if anyone has any genuine recommendations.

Many thanks

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
165 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Backpacker advice required

Hi El_Plunge,

The Yasawas are great, but I'm not really familiar with backpackers there- I'm sure someone will chime in. I highly recommend a backpackers called Volivoli Beach Backpackers on the mainland- it's north- in Rakiraki, with the gorgeous sea views, sunsets, and coral that you don't get in Nadi. The place is clean, and they are on one of the best beaches in Fiji- this spit of sand so long in low tide it looks like a long dock on a close up from Google Earth.

For Nadi, I've heard great things about Blue Water Lodge- not sure if it's still operational- I've heard of people having trouble getting in touch with them. Both places are well under FJD$50/night per person.

Have a fantastic time!

Beth

manchester
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Backpacker advice required

Hi Beth,

Thanks for your reply. I'll check them out thanks.

I understand I need to catch the yasawa flyer to get to the islands, will it be a long transfer from the resort you mentioned (Rakiya) to the boat departure point?

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Backpacker advice required

There is a backpackers on Mana Island and also you could try Bounty Island they have backpackers these might help you in your quest for accom regards!

Australia
Level Contributor
817 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Backpacker advice required

Hi

Check out Mana Lagoon Backpackers on Mana Island.Really nice people and the food is good too.

Regards Tracy

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Backpacker advice required

If you go to the south seas cruises website this will give you times and prices you might like to look at and can also book online regards!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
262 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Backpacker advice required

Have a look at Octpus Island Resort, it caters for all travellers. I think BP were around $20 to $30 per night. Not bad for good facilities and lots to do.

Greville

Dunedin NZ
Level Contributor
34 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Backpacker advice required

Ceck out www.maqai.com very cool and cheap.Good luck

8. Re: Backpacker advice required

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2010, 05:17