We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

booking in advance essential / advisable for October?

manchester
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
booking in advance essential / advisable for October?

Hi,

I'm arriving in Fiji in early october and will have to overnight near Nadi due to flight time before catching the Yasawa flyer in the morning. Is it advisable to book accommodation on the yasawa islands in advance for this time of year or is it usually ok to turn up and choose on the spot?

I'm unsure if the boat drops you off at specific bures and you're then stuck there or if there are usually several places adjacent to eachother?

Thanks in advance

Mentioned in this post
Fiji
Fiji
South Pacific
Nadi
Nadi
Viti Levu, Fiji
Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: booking in advance essential / advisable for October?

Boats drop off at each islands usually near the main areas or wharf for the island. You then attend the reception and book in sign for your holiday and a porter will then take you to you bure or accom. I would not advise you to simply turn up make a booking first! By the way your questions is on the forum twice!

manchester
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: booking in advance essential / advisable for October?

Hi Beth,

Thanks for your advice. Yes, I posted twice because I got a posting failed message the first time although it appears it hadn't afterall.

I'll def' try and book ahead then, and will look into the other options.

Regards,

Rob

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,642 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: booking in advance essential / advisable for October?

If you are heading to the Yasawa you can acutally book on lthe Flyer for the island you wish to go to, if there is accomodation available you will be OK. There is a travel bureau on board the Yasawa Flyer but it is a good idea to book the Flyer in advance email naditravelcentre@awesomefiji.com.fj or to have a look at the islands you can go to Google the Awesome Adventures website. Some resorts places have more than one resort on the island but many have one resort only so you are limited to that resort. You can get a Bula Pass (see the Awesome Website) which will enable you to go between as many islands as you want and stay as long or as little as you wish. If you have any queries after looking at the website them email them with your questions.

Mentioned in this post
4. Re: booking in advance essential / advisable for October?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2010, 06:16