We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yasawa Islands - how to get to Drawaqa Island?

London
4 posts
Save Topic
Yasawa Islands - how to get to Drawaqa Island?

Hi, after reading all the fantastic reviews of the Barefoot Lodge on Drawaqa Island my friend and I are looking to spend a week there in early November. I'm just wondering - it seems that the Yasawa Flyer goes to Naviti which is the next island - but has anyone actually done this and then travelled to Drawaqa? If so, do I need to book this in or does the Flyer just take us there if we ask in the morning when we board? Or will Barefoot Lodge arrange to pick us up from Naviti or do we need to make our own way there? I've asked the lodge but no-one's come back to me...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
1,972 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yasawa Islands - how to get to Drawaqa Island?

The Yasawa Flyer drops off for all the small resorts - sometimes right off shore, sometimes there is a stop where boats from several resorts come out to meet you. They are well organised and make loudspeaker announcements for each stop - there is no way you could miss it.

Colorado
Level Contributor
230 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Yasawa Islands - how to get to Drawaqa Island?

You can check with Barefoot (Ph: 6701823), but when you have a reservation with them they will come out and pick you up from the Flyer. You need to make the arrangements with them as they won't come to meet the Flyer unless you are expected. It is about a 2.5 hour ride on the Flyer (which goes past once in the morning on its way north, and again in the afternoon on its way back to Nadi).

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,591 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yasawa Islands - how to get to Drawaqa Island?

You will need to book your accomodation and transfers. You should be able to do it at the same time. You get off the Yasawa Flyer at the Manta Ray island drop off point and will be picked up by a boat for the very short ride to Barefoot Resort. Barefoot is a very basic small resort, with some amazing snorkeling just off the beach in the Manta Ray passage. Like swimming in an aquarium. Between;May and October you can swim with the Manta Rays which is an awesome experience. The resort has beaches on three sides so you can generally escape the wind.

London
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Yasawa Islands - how to get to Drawaqa Island?

that's brilliant - thanks for your comments everyone!

Wanaka
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yasawa Islands - how to get to Drawaqa Island?

Hi, Just wondering if you ended up going to Barefoot Lodge.

We've got a booking for 3 days and are really curious and hope we made the right decision (after days and days on tripadvisor and internet!!)

We are a couple that want to read our book and snorkel, read and snorkel, read and snorkel, and eat simple and nice food.

Let me know what you thought of Barefoot if you went?

Cheers!

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
1,972 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yasawa Islands - how to get to Drawaqa Island?

Hi HankypankyNZ - just wondering when you are going to Fiji - you might consider Blue Lagoon Beach Resort (opens at Xmas this year) - it would be perfect for what you want - have a look at their website.

Wanaka
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Yasawa Islands - how to get to Drawaqa Island?

Yes, thanks, I think it would be perfect too, except we're going on Thursday (the 26th of Nov!!).

It looks georgeous...

We've booked Barefoot and still have 3 more nights in the Yasawas, and can't decide where to go!!

8. Re: Yasawa Islands - how to get to Drawaqa Island?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2010, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Yasawa Islands