We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feb weather & best snorkel/scuba spots

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
Feb weather & best snorkel/scuba spots

Hi guys,

My husband and I are heading to Fiji on Feb 9 for 10 days on a muuuuch needed break. We're staying at Nanuya, Blue Lagoon and Mantaray. We're looking to have time to chill but also love snorkeling and scuba, and water activities such as kayaking. Could anyone give us hints on the best spots in these islands? Also, do you know if kayaks / snokeling gear is free or you have to rent it? Another concern is the weather... can anyone shine us a light on that? One last thing: heard about a guy who breaks in bures in Nanuya to steal... has anyone been through it? If you can help, we'd be very glad. Cheerio!

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,310 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Feb weather & best snorkel/scuba spots

Take a look at the websites for Nanuya and MantaRay. They have prices for snorkeling, and the use of kayaks. There is other information you may find helpful. You might contact the resorts with any questions you have.

We always take our masks and snorkels with us. Masks at resorts can be scratched due to use and not fit well. Nothing worse than a leaky mask. As for snorkels, there is just something about knowing no one else has used it.

You may find the following link helpful. Has suggestions of things to take with you.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294331-c134773/Fiji:…

Hope this helps. Am sure you will have a fantastic time in Fiji.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
1,975 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Feb weather & best snorkel/scuba spots

Weather - you can't do much about it, but the Yasawas have a better chance of good weather than anywhere else in Fiji.

Snorkelling is excellent at Blue Lagoon - straight out in front of the resort. I have photos if you would like to see them - post an email address to get the link. I have not snorkelled at the other spots so can't comment on those. We always take our own snorkel equipment and as Cathy says above you have more chance of getting a good fit etc. BL have kayaks for hire and snorkel equipment, can't recall costs though.

As for the break-ins at Nanuya - from what I've read he came in through unsecured doors. Always close & lock doors and take the same precautions as you would anywhere else in the world and you should be fine.

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Feb weather & best snorkel/scuba spots

Thank you so much for your reply, it's been very helpful. I'd love to see your pictures if you don't mind. My email is bioclaubrazil@yahoo.com.au. Thanks heaps!

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
1,975 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Feb weather & best snorkel/scuba spots

I've emailed the link to my photos. If you look at the last review for BL I note that they have said they don't charge for kayaks. We didn't use them but saw others doing so, they are fine for paddling round the bay in front of the resort.

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,310 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Feb weather & best snorkel/scuba spots

Bioclau

For your safety please do not post your e-mail address on the forum.

It is better to PM someone with the address.

You can have T/A remove that posting

Happy and Safe travels

E

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Feb weather & best snorkel/scuba spots

Thanks a lot! Very helpful!

7. Re: Feb weather & best snorkel/scuba spots

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2012, 07:22
Get answers to your questions about Yasawa Islands