We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Viwa Island - food

Level Contributor
12 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Viwa Island - food

Hi

My Husband and I are going to Viwa Island Resort soon and are trying to work out the pros and cons of their meal plan offer..... as far as we can tell not going for the meal plan seems far more economical even if you chose the most expensive options on the menu each time - but this doesn't really make sense??? Has anyone been recently who could shed some light - thanks

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Viwa Island - food

Both E&C Reno and Hooked On Fiji (DE's on this forum), have been to Viwa and really enjoyed it.

If they don't come in and give their advice --- suggest you send them a private message.

I'm sure you'll love Viwa -- it sounds a great little place ~

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,435 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Viwa Island - food

Has been a few years since we vacationed to Viwa. We decided on the meal plan after arriving at Viwa for a number of reasons. We prefer more than a continental breakfast. The meal plan included all taxes, coffee/tea, as well as soup or salad. Can't remember, if dessert was included.

With a la carte coffee, tea, soups, salads, and desserts were extra. I would contact Viwa to see, if taxes are included in the price for a la carte meals. If not, it will cost another 20% in taxes for each meal.

If you would like to see pictures of our vacation to Viwa, send me your e-mail address in a private message. They will give you a good idea of the bures, grounds, pool, beach, etc. Will be my pleasure to share them with you.

Hope this helps.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,826 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Viwa Island - food

We went with the a la carte menu and didn't find it expensive. Guess it depends how much you eat. It is a beautiful little resort on the most beutiful beach with crystal clear lagoon. It is worth having a look at E&Cin Reno's photos. Lucky you it is beautiful

Barb

Level Contributor
12 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Viwa Island - food

Thank you - info much appreciated. I will contact Viwa to find out about the tax situtation and flick you my e-mail for the photos :-)

5. Re: Viwa Island - food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2012, 05:29