We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what is the best way to go about travelling through yasawa??

australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
what is the best way to go about travelling through yasawa??

Hi!

i have been researching about boat transfers etc and am a bit confused. What is the best way to travel through the yasawas. we will be there for 10 days and want to see a lot! we are want to stay at octopus resort then go to naviti then go to blue lagoon. so we will need transfers to each of those and we also want to do day trips to all the surrounding islands. any help would be great! (and any suggestions on where to stay on naviti or around there would be excellent!!)

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what is the best way to go about travelling through yasawa??

The cheapest way is via the Yasawa Flyer.

You can also get to some resorts via seaplane.

Check out www.awesomefiji.com for Yasawa trips and places to stay.

Guess it depends on your budget.

Botaira Beach Resort is on Naviti, also Korovou Eco Tour Resort or White Sandy Beach both backpackers.

LTB

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
2,005 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what is the best way to go about travelling through yasawa??

If you are looking at boat transport, then the Yasawa Flyer is it. The only alternative is, if you are going to Octopus first, you could do so on their boat '

Magic, but all onwards would be on the Flyer. Day trips would be done on small boats at each resort.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,675 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what is the best way to go about travelling through yasawa??

Contact Awesome Adventures it may be cheaper for you to get a Bula Pass. Get a quote for the separate legs and compare it with a Bual Pass.

You could start at the top at Blue Lagoon, then to whichever resort on Naviti island you have chosen then to Octopus as it is less distance to travel back to Nadi, use their boat if you wish for that leg. Wisth only 3 resorts it shouldln't be too expensive on the flyer.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
262 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what is the best way to go about travelling through yasawa??

Hi All, correct me if I am wrong, I thought I remembered that when I booked Octopus a few years ago, the Magic Transfer was included in the rate? Do I remember correctly. If so, anyaaaaaaaaaa could then use Octopus as first and last islands, and save some pesos?

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
2,005 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what is the best way to go about travelling through yasawa??

To my knowledge the "Magic" is extra to accommodation rate, but you may have paid all together - they did do a package deal if you booked over a certain number of days at one stage.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,675 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what is the best way to go about travelling through yasawa??

We had to pay extra for the "Magic" but it was paid with our accommodation on a previous trip again we had to pay.

7. Re: what is the best way to go about travelling through yasawa??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 01:16