We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Octopus - ok for family?

Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Octopus - ok for family?

Hi, traveling with me hubby and 2.5 year old and my parents in 70s - left if way too late to book but have found availability at octopus.

Will it suit a family - most reviews seem to be from backpackers so don't want to end up in party central!

Also is there enough to do?

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Octopus - ok for family?

Absolutely great for family. We have been going there for years (now in 60s & 70s) and our grown family have come with us with their little ones. There are backpackers, but a good mix of couples and families as well. Definitely not party central - they do have a beach party night but guests usually all in bed by 10.30 or earlier. Good food, lovely staff.

Lots to do - snorkelling, boat trips, walks along the beach or hikes (fairly strenuous) if you are that way inclined. PM me for more information or if you would like to see my photos.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
262 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Octopus - ok for family?

Maybe also consider Botaira. Considering your parents are in their later years, Octopus and BLBR may be a little too communal?

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Octopus - ok for family?

Hey Greville - the parents are my age group - and I love both! - and so do many of my friends of similar ages. Just depends on your attitude I guess.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
262 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Octopus - ok for family?

Hi Tai, no offence intended, my parents are that age too and I know how they would feel. Best canvas the question so there are no surprises.

Yes, it is attitude!

Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Octopus - ok for family?

Thanks All,

We are going to give Octopus a go - we are pretty laid back so as long as the accommodation is up to scratch there shouldn't be a problem - I've booked the 2 bed beachfront suite just to be sure!! and the fabulous reservations have suggested if after a few days we want to eat there rather than at the main place to get our little one fed early they will just bring the food on over - I'm sure we won't be doing it all the time but just the fact they thought about it was enough for me to say yes!

6. Re: Octopus - ok for family?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2013, 10:17