We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue lagoon or Octopus? All inclusive or not?

Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Blue lagoon or Octopus? All inclusive or not?

Hi there,

I am looking to book 5 nights at either blue lagoon or octopus at the end of Oct for my 30th birthday! I will be with my boyfriend and I can't decide which one!! We are looking for a chilled and relaxing holiday, swimming in the sea, sunbathing, good food and not too much noise!

Which one would you advise? Looking at the garden villas with private bathroom.. Unfortunately our budget cannot stretch to beach side.

Thinking of getting all inclusive 5 night option as not sure if there are any other restaurants near by? Anyone know if the food is good?

Any advice would be wonderful!

The Entrance...
Level Contributor
505 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue lagoon or Octopus? All inclusive or not?

Hi there,

If I was choosing a garden bungalow, I would choose Octopus. In my experience Blue Lagoon did not have many areas for guests in rooms other than beachfront to hang out other than on the beach (limited sun loungers) and bar, although I have not stayed since they put the pool in. Beachfront rooms get their own sun loungers under umberella and a hammock for each room. Octopus has more areas around the pool and beachfront bar to relax in IMO.

All of the other requirements will be met by either resort. As far as I am aware the meal plan is compulsory at both resorts. There is another resort next to Blue Lagoon but nothing near Octopus. I am sure you will enjoy either resort but read their websites and reviews so you know what to expect. Enjoy!

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
2,109 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue lagoon or Octopus? All inclusive or not?

The new pool area at BLBR has added much more to the "public" spaces for those without their own dedicated beach chairs, so it is now equal to Octopus in that regard. Food at both is of the same high quality. Although there is another resort next to BLBR, the food there is nowhere near the .BLBR quality. In any case, the food plan is compulsory, so if you were to go anywhere else to eat you would be paying twice. If you are looking for quieter, then I would choose BLBR. Octopus is larger. Beware of asking for a "garden bungalow" at Octopus though - their accommodation called "bungalows" are the private rooms which are close to and share the dorm facilities - no private bathroom. They refer to their rooms with ensuites as Bures. (At BLBR they are called villas.).

The other difference is in the boat transport to the resorts, the journey to BLBR is longer as it is at the far end of the Yasawa Flyer run (nearly 5 hours) - although it's never bothered us, an interesting ride calling in at all the other resorts on the way. Octopus is also serviced by the Flyer (2 & half hours), but you have the option of using their boat which we find useful in avoiding having to have a night in Nadi, as they now do 2 trips a day, one leaving at 9am and the other at 2pm. The Flyer leaves at 8.30am daily.

3. Re: Blue lagoon or Octopus? All inclusive or not?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Yasawa Islands