We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yasawa? or Mana? Or????

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Yasawa? or Mana? Or????

Hi,

My fiance and I want to go to Fiji for our honeymoon in Nov and are trying to do it on a budget.

We are thinking of staying at the Mana Island Resort on Mana for 5 nights and then staying at the Paradise Cove Resort on Naukacuvu for 5 or 6 nights.

Have you been to these places???

I have been doing a lot of research on transfers. It seems as though both resorts don't offer free transfer service. They don't own boats for the transfers.

What transfer service would you use to get from Nadi to Mana then from Mana to Paradise Cove Resort on Naukacuvu? Then back to Nadi?

I have emailed with South Sea Cruises. Its possible but seems pretty pricey :(

If we could only choose one island for example staying on Mana or the Yasawas what island would you choose and WHY? I am looking for the BEST beaches and water, hiking, snorkeling, diving etc...

If there is a better island than the ones listed above, please share! :)

We were thinking since the transfers seem challenging and pricey, we could stay at the nicest island and then do day trips to one or 2 of the others.

I appreciate all your help very much!!

Thanks so much!

Ann

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,351 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yasawa? or Mana? Or????

If Paradise Cove is within your budget then you have more options. Mana is a big family orientated resort. Variety of accommodation choices available. Personally I prefer the smaller island resorts. Unfortunately the Yasawa Flyer is expensive. If you stayed at Paradise Cove, it as a wow! factor resort visually and the staff are fantastic. The garden villas at the back of the resort were a disappointment for us but no others were available at the time. You could take their boat to the island a much cheaper option, and travel back on the Yasawa Flyer. Another resort you might like to look at is Octopus which belongs to the same people as Paradise Cove so you can use the same transport to get there. It can get very windy at Paradise Cove and unfortunately we experienced this, not pleasant and no where to go to escape it other than our villa.The pool area and dining area were more protected but it is not always to find a sun lounge at the pool.I prefer Octopus and you can do walks etc (at both resorts) and it has better snorkeling than Paradise Cove whose reef was damaged badly in the last cyclone. You can dive from both resorts.You could do both resorts and save on the transfers by using the resorts.

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
2,126 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yasawa? or Mana? Or????

I cannot comment on Paradise Cove (yet) but as regards Mana Island - there are several options of 'getting there' - Most expensive - 24hr water taxis, sea plane, helicopter; the cheapest would be South Seas Cruises ferry (3 sailings per day) from Port Denarau. Mana Island Resort does not provide 'free' transfers to the Island.

From memory I read earlier today that your budget was around $120-00 per night - least expensive rooms on Mana are the Island Bures (around $360FJ per night plus the 20% taxes). Credit card charges are back in force for Fiji - ranging from 3% - 10%.

Mana is a very large Island, plenty of hiking & walking areas, 3 beautiful beaches, great snorkelling, diving, 2 restaurants (meal plans are available), several bars, 2 swimming pools. November is a popular month for visitors to Mana - so early bookings would be advised.

Another budget option is to stay at Ratu Kinis backpackers (on Mana Island) they have their own transfer boat (but a charge) ... but I think not entirely suitable for your honeymoon!

The Yasawa Flyer does not travel to Mana via its daily scheduled routes.

If you did stay on Mana Island, you would have to return to Port Denarau to connect with the Flyer for your trip to the Yasawa islands area. Trip from Mana to Nadi takes 1 1/2 hours.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and Fiji is perfect for your honeymoon.

Edited: 30 January 2014, 02:04
3. Re: Yasawa? or Mana? Or????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2014, 16:33
4. Re: Yasawa? or Mana? Or????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2015, 06:22
Get answers to your questions about Yasawa Islands