We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon

Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon

My fiance and I will be traveling to the Yasawa Islands for our honeymoon in July. We have been looking at hotel accommodations and would like to keep it around $200 USD/nt. We really enjoy snorkeling and hiking. I am looking for suggestions for a resort that will provide privacy but also entertainment with activities. I have been doing research online but find myself overwhelmed with options. I do recall a resort that took us to our own private island for the day- which we liked. We are not seafood eaters, so a place that will not allow us to starve would probably be best too. We will be there for two weeks so we would like to try two different resorts. If you have recommendations of another island or any other suggestions that would be great too.

Thanks everyone!

Edited: 18 February 2014, 18:17
Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon

Have a look at Octopus Resort - you could have a Beachfront bure there within your budget - check their Package prices which include transport & food. Very good snorkelling and hiking (good shoes needed for that). Communal dining but it's possible to arrange dinner by yourselves if you wish. Also look at Octopus sister resorts - links on their webpage, for a different experience. We had a picnic on a private island arranged by Blue Lagoon Beach Resort, and they do a trip to the Sawa-i-Lau Caves which is great.

Echuca, Australia
Level Contributor
743 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon

Marilyn is it possible to visit Blue Lagoon from Octopus? I am at Octopus next Friday for the 6 nights but always thought I would celebrate my 50th at BLR which is September next year so woukd love to "check it out" briefly this trip.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon

Sorry - no. Too far for a small boat, and even if you felt like spending the money to go up in the Yasawa Flyer, it doesn't stop in front of BLBR, so not even possible to view it from the water. If you want to send me a PM with your email address and specific questions, I have literally hundreds of photos and could probably answer anything you want to know.

Edited: 20 February 2014, 18:31
Echuca, Australia
Level Contributor
743 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon

Thanks Marilyn I thought that might be the case.

I will wait until this trip is over & message you. I might change plans & look at Octopus again next year. I really want to go to the Caves near BLR too. Anyway..........

Cheers

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,830 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon

If you really want to do that why not have a night or two at Blue Lagoon, you can get up and back to Octopus on the Yasawa Flyer, shouldn't be too difficult to organise, or Paradise Cove which is not far could be an option.

6. Re: Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2015, 06:19