We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First step of our month long honeymoon, flights questions

London, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
First step of our month long honeymoon, flights questions

Good day to you all :)

I am super excited to be going to the Yasawa Islands in Agust 2015 on the first week of our honeymoon. We will be staying at Paradise Cove and doing a Saturday to Saturday.

I guess I will go from London to LAX - do I need visa's etc?

From Yasawa we are going on to week 2 and onto Raratonga, so next question is are there Saturday flights from Fiji to Raratonga? my next rental starts on the follow Saturday of our stay.

Also, how do I get from the airport in Fiji to where I catch the boat (or sea plane) to get to Yasawa Island.

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
1,950 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First step of our month long honeymoon, flights questions

To answer some of your queries:

-On arrival at Nadi Airport you will be issued a four month tourist visa.

-As far as I know there are no flights Nadi-Raratonga. To get from Nadi-Cook Islands you would have to fly Nadi-Sydney or Nadi-Auckland (up to 2 flights daily ex NZ)

-Nadi Airport to Port Denarau (where ferries depart) - catch a yellow taxi outside the arrivals area - will cost approx. $35-00FJ

Sounds likes an amazing honeymoon trip!

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
2,049 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First step of our month long honeymoon, flights questions

Sounds absolutely great honeymoon - but do I understand that you have booked accommodation without checking on transfers? Are you expecting to go from Paradise Cove to Rarotonga in one day - or is there a week in between?

At the moment you could get a Saturday flight from Nadi to Auckland NZ at 2.15pm, arriving 5.15pm, then an onward flight to Rarotonga at 7.30pm. Most likely the same schedule will apply next year. In order to catch the Nadi flight you would have to be at the airport by around 12.30pm at the latest. That is too late for a boat transfer from PC, but you could do it with a seaplane transfer that morning.

Note that PC is not on Yasawa Island, which is much further north, but on Naukacuvu Island - although the whole group is known collectively as the Yasawas. That would make a difference when getting quotes for your seaplane transfer - although the resort would do that for you anyway.

Edited: 07 March 2014, 22:53
London, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First step of our month long honeymoon, flights questions

Thank you, that is very helpful :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First step of our month long honeymoon, flights questions

TiaMarilyn, that is really helpful information.

Yes I am booking the properties now as a lot of them will go before I book the flights. The flights open in October here in UK roughly. I am expecting to loose a day or two on some properties due to the travel, but want to be certain I have them if that makes sense.

The most difficult one in terms of timings I feel will be Rarotonga to Moorea, but I shall tackle that one when I have found a property to rent :)

5. Re: First step of our month long honeymoon, flights questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2015, 05:18