We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradise Cove Resort or Nanuya Island Resort?

New Zealand
Level Contributor
375 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Paradise Cove Resort or Nanuya Island Resort?

My husband and I are looking at staying 7 nights in Fiji early January. We have never been to Fiji before, but have read that the islands are the way to go rather than mainland. Can't decide between these two resorts as they both suit our needs, look lovely and are a similar price. Is one resort nicer than the other? Does one location stand out over the other. We would live in the water while we are there and want a lovely swimming beach. We would also do a lot of snorkelling and kayaking.

Paradise seems to offer more free activities. We usually avoid staying somewhere with set meal plans but the meals offered at Paradise look great, are ala-carte with a great selection so this seems a good option. Nanuya doesn't seem to offer a meal plan so I was wondering how their prices compare to what you get at Paradise.

Also, how do we get to these resorts, prices, travel time and frequency of departures? Cheers Kiwi

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradise Cove Resort or Nanuya Island Resort?

Hi Kiwi07,

My wife I are travelling to fiji in 8 weeks (1st trip). I originally looked at these 2 options as well and chose NIR over paradise cove as had far better reviews and seemed more exclusive for couples. check out NIR website as it provides menu samples and prices. Continental breakfast is included (fruit & muffins), lunch & diner is A' la carte. States prices between fj$5-45.

Getting there:-

Option 1) - Ocean catamaran the "Yasawa Flyer" run by awesome adventures departs Port Denarau daily @ 08:30am to Blue lagoon area (NIR) roughly 13:00. Can either book transfers through travel agent, accommodation or awesome adventures website. We did the latter as it was the cheapest and thought would be best to book direct. Warning though, awesome adventures website only offers a "bula pass" (island hopping pass), so i had to contact them to confirm our 1 way trip and price. Not a problem though, they sent me a confirmation email stating all relevant info. Can upgrade to captains lounge also - air conditioned and provides snacks & drinks

Option 2) - Book a seaplane through either turtle airways or Pacific island air. We are travelling back with Turtle airways. Their seaplane lands and takes off @ Turtle island which is right next to NIR. Only allowed 15kg luggage though. For the trip back it only cost us an extra $150 AUD instead of catching the flyer and only takes 30 mins apparently back to Nadi. I have been warned though that this flight is subject to weather and as such can be cancelled, so not to be taken on day of departure. Also if luggage is over weight they can select to send it back via the flyer and you collect it once it arrives!

I hope i have been of help.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
375 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paradise Cove Resort or Nanuya Island Resort?

Hi Jorden

Thanks for the info. Couldn't find any info on NIR's website about the menu and prices, not sure where you found that. Leaning more towards Paradise Cove at this stage but its still pretty close. I would love to hear from anyone else who has stayed at either or both of these resorts. Cheers Kiwi

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,979 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paradise Cove Resort or Nanuya Island Resort?

Have stayed at both. Nanuya quote in Fiji dollars so do the conversion for PC and you will probably find Nanuya is a muchycheaper option.it is a lot cheaper than PC the food is really good and the all day menu is a plus. Nanuya is a much smaller resort, no kids too. I prefer Nanuya but depends if yu want a more upmarket experience at PC or more laid back at Nanuya. The treetop bures at Nanuya are something different with amazing views over the beautiful Blue Lagoon it is more protected too. No pool but the lagoon is beautiful.

Waitakere City, New...
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
Level Contributor
2,591 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paradise Cove Resort or Nanuya Island Resort?

Hi Kiwi07, for more info re Nanuya's menus etc go to...

http://resort.nanuyafiji.com/about

and you'll see a link right down the bottom you can download. It's in very small type and easy to miss and is also possibly a bit outdated but it will give you an idea at least.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
375 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paradise Cove Resort or Nanuya Island Resort?

Hi Dianz. Thanks heaps for that info. Will have a look now. Cheers Kiwi

6. Re: Paradise Cove Resort or Nanuya Island Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2015, 05:15