We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

About mosquito in Paradise cove resort

3 posts
Save Topic
About mosquito in Paradise cove resort

Bula

Firstly I am not good at english, please understand my orthography rules.

I booked an 1 week for my honeymoon in paradise cove resort. I and my partner really worried about mosquito.

I have an weak allergy to bitten by a mosquito.

If someone know mosquito appearing in Yasawa island or Paradise cove resort, please give me any information.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
2,287 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: About mosquito in Paradise cove resort

When are you travelling?

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,560 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: About mosquito in Paradise cove resort

You are going to the tropics. Mosquitos are to be expected. They are worse during the rainy summer months December thru March. It will also be very hot an humid. Some resorts spray for them. Someone who has stayed at Paradise Cove may be able to advise if they do.

Haven't been to Paradise Cove so can't comment. The Yasawas are in the drier region of Fiji. There were very few at the resorts we stayed at in the region during the rainy season.Mosquitos came out at night and after it rained. Recommend taking mosquito repellent, will be expensive should you have to purchase it at the resort. We also took citronella candles for sitting outside our bure at night. Suggest you take light weight long sleeved shirt and slacks for sitting outside in the evenings.

For other suggestions of what to take with you:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294331-c134773/Fiji:…

Try not to panic about getting bitten by mosquitoes. Take the same precautions you do at home. Am sure your honeymoon for you and you bride will be everything hope for and more.

3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: About mosquito in Paradise cove resort

Really thanks for your response. This is my first writing in tripadvisor, I'm really happy that kind reply like yours. :)

3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: About mosquito in Paradise cove resort

My honeymoon will be start on 13th October. :) Thanks and I'll wait your reponse.

Edited: 21 September 2013, 02:58
Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,560 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: About mosquito in Paradise cove resort

You're welcome alicejy. October is one of the best months to vacation to Fiji weather wise. Outside the rainy/cyclone season. Won't be overly hot or humid.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294331-s208/Fiji:Wea…

Enjoy your countdown till you arrive in paradise. :)

Don't forget to post a review when you return from your honeymoon. Will be helpful to others looking to stay at the Paradise Cove.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
321 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: About mosquito in Paradise cove resort

Hi there

We have stayed at Paradise cove resort and we never got an mosquito bites (which doesn't mean there isn't any though!). There are plug in anti mosquito devices in the rooms and if you have issues with mosquito bites then I would suggest that you take some aerogard low irritant insect repellent spray. It has picaridin as the active constituent in it and we have always found it to very good whilst travelling in the likes of Fiji, Vanuatu and Rarotonga. Its a spray that you just apply as you need to. Mosquito's tend to like hanging around early morning or early-mid evening. However I don't think you need to worry about there being a mosquito problem at paradise cove resort. I walked up the hill and through the bush, behind the resort, at 6-7am most mornings and never got bitten once whilst I was staying there.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: About mosquito in Paradise cove resort

You will likely encounter the odd mozzie -- even though they don't like me very much, at dusk when sitting outside, I'll always put some repellant on as there always seems to be one buzzing around. I find dusk is worse than the morning....

Also, make sure you shut your doors at dusk ---- having lights on inside with doors open is just asking for an invasion ^^

8. Re: About mosquito in Paradise cove resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2014, 03:16
Get answers to your questions about Yasawa Island