We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I have to buy pearls on my trip in nov. WHERE??

VAIL
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
I have to buy pearls on my trip in nov. WHERE??

Help me out w/ the best place or street to buy pearls.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I have to buy pearls on my trip in nov. WHERE??

Hi,

Go to the 2nd floor of the Pearl Center at 3125 Hong Mei Lu. There are all sorts of shops on the ground floor selling numerous goods. On the 2nd floor, there are probably around 100 dealers on this floor. Good quality, good prices. Bargain hard!

I have bought pearls for my wife here my last two visits. I will be back in March and will buy more again. Good Luck.

sel.malaysia
Level Contributor
201 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: I have to buy pearls on my trip in nov. WHERE??

A city call Wuxi :home of fresh water pearl.multiple colours available white,yellow.pink ,black. golden

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I have to buy pearls on my trip in nov. WHERE??

Correction to the address I posted regarding pearls.

I posted the wrong address of the pearl location. Sorry. I checked the business card at work this morning.

The correct address and name is: HongQiao International Pearl City

3721 Hongmei Road (near Yan'an Rd.)

The other info is the same. Pearls + jewelery is located on the second floor. This is a nice, clean place to shop. Check it out, I think you will like the variety + prices.

Cheers!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I have to buy pearls on my trip in nov. WHERE??

DO a search for this in the upper right hand corner, I've posted many address, but mainly Hong Qiao international Pearl market, is an expat favorite is Ru Pei Pei, on down the street is Lilly's by far the most reputable dealer of fine jewlery. Also, on Nanjing lu across from the Sofitel on the second floor is a Ru Pei Pei. Another favorite of mine is Amy's. You can dina all of these in the That's Shanghai magazine, that you should pick up at your hotel.

Essen, Germany
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: I have to buy pearls on my trip in nov. WHERE??

You can also find a big shop on Nanjing Road.

Owasso, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: I have to buy pearls on my trip in nov. WHERE??

Just curious what will a stand of average quality pearls cost on an average there?

Shanghai
Level Contributor
699 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: I have to buy pearls on my trip in nov. WHERE??

The pearl market is like the car market,

Size matters, what's under the bonnet matters, origin matters, quality of finish matters.

A fresh water pearl is seeded and grows at like 3-5 times the rate of a South sea pearl.

How round, how large, quality of the lustre, colour, so on and so forth.

$4 can buy a string of FW 6m rough pearls, then there is the clasp.

So for $10 at HQ Pearl City, you can buy something nice that you would pay 10 times that for in your local jewellry store.

Owasso, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: I have to buy pearls on my trip in nov. WHERE??

Looks like I will be looking to buy some pearls!!

Thanks you

9. Re: I have to buy pearls on my trip in nov. WHERE??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 07:16