We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yangtze river cruise

Which Shanghai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
311 posts
Save Topic
Yangtze river cruise

hi, we are scheduled for a 4 night 3 day river cruise on the East Queen from Yichang to Chonqing in November. Has anyone done this cruise/ is it worth while and is it too long?

Thanks

Babo

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,259 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Yangtze river cruise

Haven't done that, but I did Chongqing -- Yichang in Jan 2007 and it was a royal waste of my money and time. Email me directly at ellyse99@yahoo.com and include "TripAdvisor" and your own username (eg "babo") in the subject line, if you want a more detailed review and candid photos.

Reading
Level Contributor
49 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yangtze river cruise

Hi wondered how your cruise on the Yangtze went. We are scheduled to travel on the same boat next week. Worried about stories of food poisoning. Any inofrmation gratefully received. Thanks

Marbella, Spain
Level Contributor
189 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yangtze river cruise

We did the cruise from Chonqing to the 3 gorges and I agree it's a complete waste of time and money, to look at the embankment is nice for one hour two hours but a few days?

I can not remenber the name of the company/ship the only thing I know that the food was good staff friendly but just a waist of time and money

Level Contributor
45 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yangtze river cruise

As much as I enjoyed our China trip, have to agree the river cruise should be passed. A bug disappointment. All other cruises (Alaska, Nile, Med, Mexico, Hawaii, Greek Isle, we've been on about 10 cruises all over the world) are better and much more scenic. There're so much to see in China, your money and time would be better spent doing something else.

5. Re: Yangtze river cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2010, 06:18