We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

March Weather

Surprise, Arizona
Level Contributor
272 posts
150 reviews
Save Topic
March Weather

I am traveling 10th March -16th. What is the weather like - trying to pack light but be warm enough. Is weather.com accurate? I know other places I have gone that site it not very true to the actual weather.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Miami Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Shanghai Region
Level Contributor
6,532 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: March Weather

If we could be 100% certain of weather three weeks in advance, we would be rich. I use this site for averages: http://weather.msn.com/daily_averages.aspx?wealocations=wc:CHXX0116&q=Shanghai%2c+CHN+forecast:averagesd&weai=3

For long range forecasts I use accuweather.com. See: http://www.accuweather.com/world-forecast-15day.asp?partner=air2&traveler=0&locCode=ASI|CN|CH024|SHANGHAI&metric=1

Shanghai has had a cool winter. The next week will be a brief spring break and then back to winter according to accuweather. I would use the averages for now, a cool day, 13-6C.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
23 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: March Weather

Weather in Shanghai is ridiculously unpredictable. It's snowing today but is supposed to be 64F by Friday. Pack plenty of layers so you can take them on and off as necessary.

Surprise, Arizona
Level Contributor
272 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: March Weather

Thanks for the informaition, I have been watching it and I think layers are going to be my friend, just added a lightweight fleece to the bag and I think I will be set! ... 24 hours and we take off, very excited!

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
2,754 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: March Weather

i think you are in shanghai now... btw the weather is unbelievable! i felt chilly or frozen! yesterday and the day before, but super warm today, what's wrong with the weather now!!!! ( and i got cold because this "ridiculous" weather!)i can't believe that my winter coats/jackets are still outside, and it's march, they are supposed to be "sleep" in the corner of my closet....see the weather on 14th will be 6-21, 15th will be 2-8, 16th 4-9, 17th 9-16 degree. it's really weird...

Surprise, Arizona
Level Contributor
272 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: March Weather

Yes we all are here, 330a and wide awake!! My bed here at hotel very hard ask for foam thing and well 20 minutes ago I pull that off the bed as it actually made it harder ;).. Anyway other than that love the Grand Hyatt - Amazing hotel, staff is awesome food great & club level is extra bonus, best is the view from 79th floor!!

Weather yesterday was just beautiful could not have wished for a better day. We did 1/2 tour and ended up at the Hyatt on the Bund for Peking duck!! WOW good!

Went to fabic market I think 6 coats were purchased to be picked up Monday from the 4 friends I was with. Hopefully go back today I was to overwhelemed so we have full day private tour today so we are going to ask if they can stop maybe so I can get one also started for me if possible & I have a blouse I am going to bring today to see if they can copy a couple!

I miss my Facebook to chat with my friends on what I have been doing daily, so my husband gets more emails about my adventures instead LOL!!

Miami Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Shanghai Region
Level Contributor
6,532 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: March Weather

Ask for two extra comforters then if the foam is a failure. Put the comforters under your bottom sheet for the pillow-top effect. My pulled shoulder muscles cannot tolerate the hard as stone mattresses.

Only one word of advice for the fabric mkt: inspect. I love the things i get there, but little things are missing every now and then, like a velcro strip or sewing one edge of a pocket. Remember hand-made things are made by real people who can make mistakes.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
2,754 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: March Weather

hahahaha, nice to know that you enjoy the trip here:)

weather today is quite nice:)

facebook, right, blocked here, -> and that's the reason i love my vpn, hahahaha

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: March Weather

Yes the weather is rather unpredictable now.More on the cooler side.However is a blessing n i have so much fun with a perfect view on the Great Wall at Mutianyu.It was snowing heavily at that time n the difficult journey n the walking for about a km on the last stretch as the car was not able to make it to the entrance is well worth it.Simply marvellous.Shanghai hardly snow but when it happens its rather enjoyable.I only dread the rain when it does.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: March Weather

careerexpat - if you think the weather in shanghai is unpredictable -- you ain't seen nothing. melbourne in oz beats it hands down.

the weather in shanghai is pretty stable in comparison - and - before you start - i lived in shanghai for several years.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: March Weather

yes,Melbourne weather is freakish!!!so am i when i was there!