We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I was told you can only stay few nights in each hotel during

Which Shanghai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Topic
I was told you can only stay few nights in each hotel during

I was told you can only stay in any one hotel for 3-4 nights at any one time during the Expo, because visitor numbers are not as high as they predicted.

it doesn't make sense, is that true?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I was told you can only stay few nights in each hotel during

I am not sure about the hotel arrangement, do you mean "availability"? But the numbers of visitors are definitely low. Initially they expected many more, especially foreigners, but it didn't realized.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
39,286 posts
814 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I was told you can only stay few nights in each hotel during

I don't get it. If there were fewer visitors then they would allow longer stays. But in any case there is no such thing as limit on stays in hotels, subject to availability.

Only your visa limits the duration of your stay.

Sydney
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: I was told you can only stay few nights in each hotel during

thank you for your reply. It's not the visa restriction. I am guessing they may have some kind of "Chocolate Wheel" arrangement, so every hotel get its share of business?? not logical to me. maybe it is not true,not quite sure.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
2,754 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I was told you can only stay few nights in each hotel during

i really dont think so...my clients from next week staying in the hotel for 6 nights...

Canberra
Level Contributor
32 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I was told you can only stay few nights in each hotel during

I booked New Harbour serviced apartments for 10 nights in June, no problem at all. Which hotel did you book?

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
219 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: I was told you can only stay few nights in each hotel during

Hi Syd_Traveller_007,

That's absolutely, positiviely not true. The hotels I know even have promos for at least how many nights stay.

Sydney
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: I was told you can only stay few nights in each hotel during

hi everyone, thanks for your kind reply.

that put my mind at easy to know what I heard is not true.

any suggestions for a hotel close to YaoHua Rd 500Nong (耀华路灯500弄)?

We are after double/queen room, NON SMOKING,clean,quiet, airconditioned room with hot shower that won't break the budget. (around Y200 per room).

I see some hotels offer membership and you can get better rates, is it only for the local people or overseas guests as well?

thanks very much for your advice.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
219 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: I was told you can only stay few nights in each hotel during

Hi Syd_Traveller_007,

Why not try http://travel.expotia.com? You can easily look for good hotels within your budegt there. It's the official hotel reservations provider of the Expo 2010, so don't be afraid of getting swindled or whatever.

:-)

9. Re: I was told you can only stay few nights in each hotel during

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2010, 05:18