We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Tour Guide Shanghai

Indiana
Level Contributor
814 posts
443 reviews
Save Topic
Private Tour Guide Shanghai

Our group of 6 visited Shanghai the week of July 4 ande used a private tour guide, Jean. This is my review of Jean for those looking for a private tour guide in Shanghai.

Jean Liu (jeanliujj@gmail.com)

Jean was outstanding. We hired Jean for 2+ days and a private van for one. I communicated with Jean in advance and developed an itinerary with her input. The tour was definitely customized. She helped put together a budget and made sure I knew how much cash vs. credit was required.

From the moment she picked us up at our hotel she was full of important information. It was easy to tell in the first 5 minutes she was going to be great. On a side note, I found it interesting with all our tour guides how much they relay what they have learned, which is a different version of history than we are taught in US schools. Regardless, it was fascinating. We toured the Bund, Ya Yuan gardens, Nanjing Rd and many other areas. Jean was always professional, flexible and able to answer any question. We wanted some extra evening hours and she accommodated without question.

Her English is perfect, as Jean was an English major in college. While a tour guide is not required at the Expo, since her price was so reasonable, we asked Jean to accompany us for “navigation purposes.’ GREAT IDEA! The World Expo is a real zoo and there is no way we could have seen as much as we did without Jean. She knew how to get around, efficiently, in this massive complex. We asked her to help the third morning take the maglev to Pudong airport. She went with us to the airport and saw us all the way to security. If you are traveling to Shanghai, I highly recommend you contact Jean. If you have specific question, please send me a PM.

Matt

israel
Level Contributor
10 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Tour Guide Shanghai

hi

great and helpfull review

what is her price???

Indiana
Level Contributor
814 posts
443 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private Tour Guide Shanghai

You should contact her directly to get a quote. It may depend on the time of year and size of your group. We had 6 people and needed a private min-van. This was the quote we got. She was very flexible and amazing.

Guiding Fee/group/8 hours: 660 RMB (Extra hour: 100RMB/hour)

Private Van/group/8 hours: 840 RMB (Extra hour: 30RMB/hour)

San Mateo...
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Private Tour Guide Shanghai

Thank you.

This is what I need. I'll contact her.

4. Re: Private Tour Guide Shanghai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2011, 05:24