We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

9 days in Shanghai

Chicago, IL
4 posts
Save Topic
9 days in Shanghai

Next week I'll be in Shanghai for 9 days. While my spouse will be working, I'll be left to explore the city with a friend. I've researched all the usual sight-seeing and shopping spots. I'm looking forward to doing a bike tour or two. I'm planning to scour the local newspapers when I get there for special events (concerts, art galleries). But still, I'm afraid that 9 days is a long time to be a tourist in one city, even one as big as Shanghai, and that I'll run out of things to do.

(from the reviews I've read of the expo, I'm not looking forward to that. I may attend in the evening once or twice).

Any recommendations to getting deep into Shanghai is appreciated.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
2,291 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 9 days in Shanghai

You could travel to Suzhou for a full day tour.

Shanghai ,China
Level Contributor
178 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 9 days in Shanghai

Indeed 9 days is too much for Shanghai even you spend some time for shopping.

There are many toursits cities around Shanghai which are must see cities. You can make day trip to Ancient water like Tongli,Xitang ,nanxun and also the heavenly cities on the earth " Hangzhou" and "Suzhou". And if you still have several days left , you might also visit Huang Shan in Anhui province.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
2,754 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 9 days in Shanghai

checking cityweekend or that's shanghai which are both free magazines in the hotel or some restaurants.

if you want to have some usual trip - try chongming island, the wetland area could cost you full day .. and you can even choose to stay in the eco-village around:)

Indiana
Level Contributor
802 posts
443 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 9 days in Shanghai

You are spending 8 days too much in Shanghai...LOL. Consider a side trip to Xi'an or Guilin or Beijing. It is much more a place for business than culture.

5. Re: 9 days in Shanghai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2011, 06:16