We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can we bring wines bought from Australia to Shanghai?

Sydney
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Topic
can we bring wines bought from Australia to Shanghai?

Anyone know if we can bring wines bought from liquor shop in Australia(not from DutyFree) to China? with the airport security condition about liquid, is it ok to put them in my luggage ?

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: can we bring wines bought from Australia to Shanghai?

Definately u can as long as its in the cargo luggage.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Beijing, Lijiang
Level Contributor
9,654 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: can we bring wines bought from Australia to Shanghai?

Yes, I put wines in my booked thru luggage on occasion.

Don't declare them as luggage is never checked. If I put red's in I spend the whole time worrying they will break, so wrap them well !!!

You can buy small wooden packing boxes from Dan Murphy's to make them more secure. It is never the cost of the wine I am worried about - to have a bottle break in your bag ( which has never happened to me) is a disaster!

hong kong
Level Contributor
8,880 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: can we bring wines bought from Australia to Shanghai?

If you buy the wine after the security check at the airport you can take as hand luggage.

Remember, while Chinese red wine isn't great, some of it is drinkable and not expensive. So, I would recommend experiencing the local grape wines as well all the other things on your holiday.

4. Re: can we bring wines bought from Australia to Shanghai?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2011, 06:17