We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any inside tips or reccomendations on getting my Visa for...

Which Shanghai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Any inside tips or reccomendations on getting my Visa for...

Shanghai in December?

Looking at the info - I live in Arizona, USA, it looks like either I'd have to go to LA to get my visa since you cannot mail the application, or use a visa service which will run me about $60.00. Making my situation a bit more complicated, I am looking to return to China in August to do the trans Siberian railway from Beijing to Moscow or vice versa. I definitely do not have the time to go to LA for a few days for a visa, so should I just use the service?

Thanks as always trip advisers, you save me lots of $ and even more time.

Aventura, Florida
Level Contributor
982 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any inside tips or reccomendations on getting my Visa for...

Using a service has to be cheaper than going to LA. Make sure you get a multiple entry visa good for one year ($140 for U.S. citizens). Send away for it about 6 weeks before your first trip. I suggest not mentioning the trans Siberian Railway trip. Just that you are going to Shanghai.

Camas, Washington
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any inside tips or reccomendations on getting my Visa for...

i agree. i've always used an agent instead of flying to san francisco. here's one i've been using for years, they take applications from all states:

www.visamailservice.com

my friends in MI have used AAA and were happy with it.

get started 4-6 weeks before your planned departure.

East Bay, CA
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Any inside tips or reccomendations on getting my Visa for...

You can apply visa online and mail in the application with your passport photo and you are set to go.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
843 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any inside tips or reccomendations on getting my Visa for...

$60? You are not on a US passport then? Note that they will only give some nationalities double entry visas, not multiple entry for some reason.

Since you want to come back within a year, make sure to apply for the 1 year multiple entry visa.

kentucky
Level Contributor
5,742 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any inside tips or reccomendations on getting my Visa for...

I believe Op was saying $60 fee for agency services [plus the cost of Chinese Visa]

6. Re: Any inside tips or reccomendations on getting my Visa for...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2011, 06:42