We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The China Travel Company

nyc
5 posts
1 review
The China Travel Company

Has anyone used this UK based tour operator for travel to China? Looking for a review of their services.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
184 posts
153 reviews
95 helpful votes
1. Re: The China Travel Company

Hi -

My wife and I are also considering using The China Travel Company for an extended trip to China, Tibet and Nepal this summer. The company is a member of ABTA but otherwise has no reviews available on-line. That seems strange for a company that seemingly has been in business for several years.

Would appreciate any information that anyone has on this British travel company.

Thanks,

Neal

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
15 helpful votes
2. Re: The China Travel Company

I am also considering using The China Travel Company. I would also like to hear if anyone has used them. Good or bad reviews welcomed.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
49 reviews
24 helpful votes
3. Re: The China Travel Company

Hi, I promised myself that I would review this Company on our return, as I had never heard of them and could not find any reviews on them.

We have just returned from a two week tailor made trip to China with them, 2 adults and 3 kids aged 7 to 11. The trip included visits to Beijing, Xian, Cheng Du , Guilin, Yangsuo and Shanghai. It was pretty hectic, as we were trying to fit in a great deal.

We had a guilde meet us at each airport/train station and we had trips organised for us and also some spare time to do as we pleased. All the guides were really good, professional and informative.

The kids had a brilliant time and so did we. the restaurants we went to were on the whole excellent, the guided trips were fantastic. I really could not fault them.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
15 helpful votes
4. Re: The China Travel Company

Thank you that's really good to hear.

dublin
2 posts
5. Re: The China Travel Company

Hi CWMB,

Did you use the China Travel Company in the end? If so how was your experience? Thanks

dublin
2 posts
6. Re: The China Travel Company

Hi Neal,

Did you use The China Travel Company for your trip? If so how was it?

Thanks,

Alan

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
15 helpful votes
7. Re: The China Travel Company

I have booked with them but don't go on the trip until October. So far I have only positive things to say about them. The service has been excellent, though I can't actually comment on what the holiday was like yet.

I have independently confirmed with the airlines that our flights have definitely been booked so I know they are not a bogus company. They were easily the best value for money out of the companies we tried which slightly concerned me at the beginning but now all my concerns have gone.

When I get back at the beginning of Nov I'll let you know how it went (if I forget just prompt me again)

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
7 helpful votes
8. Re: The China Travel Company

I trevelled with China Travel Company July/Aug this year. It was a fabulous trip lasting 21 days starting in Beijing finishing in Shanghai, taking in all the main towns/sights and also Tibet. We were met at each airport/station by great guides and drivers. Hotels were in good locations, clean & comfortable. We also had the right balance of free time by ourselves.

Getting into Tibet was delayed because of the Chinese authorities keeping the border closed. Chris at China Travel rearranged the itinerary while we were in China, kept us fully informed by email and text and made sure that we still made it to all the places originally stated. Couldn't fault them.

Lanzhou
4 posts
9. Re: The China Travel Company

I use a company when travelling northwest, it offers very good service.

Worth, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
40 reviews
41 helpful votes
10. Re: The China Travel Company

We are just back from a totally amazing 3 week trip to China and Tibet organised by Chris of The China Travel Company. We travel extensively and always independently but needed to have this trip organised by a tour company because of the Tibet segment. Before booking hotels etc we always check out Trip Advisor comments. We were therefore a little concerned that we could not find posts on this company on TA when we were booking early this year. However after some correspondence and phone calls we realised that the company was bona fide. The organisation of our whole trip was amazing. From the beginning Chris impressed us with his fast responses to our questions and prepared our perfect tailor made itinerary. A month before we left we were given a personalised 100 page trip book with every possible detail we needed, plus emergency contact numbers at all our destinations. We were met punctually by a driver and guide at every airport. The guides were very knowledgeable with a good command of English. The hotels that had been booked were in excellent locations so that we could get out on our own easily when we had free time. For anyone including Shanghai in their itinerary make sure to go to the Chinese Acrobat Show. We can unreservedly recommend Chris and the China Travel Company to anyone considering a vacation in China and/or Tibet.