We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to buy lighters

Seattle
Level Contributor
710 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to buy lighters

Sorry I don't have time to do a search right now. We just arrived in Shanghai today. My husband had bought 4 nice lighters at a very good price for gifts at the Pearl Market in Beijing but unfortunately they got confiscated at the Airport Security :-( I did lots of research for our trip but forgot to check what the rules were for airport security. I just assumed it would be the same. We're used to carry lighters through security & didn't realize it would be an issue here. They didn't require us to take our shoes off, they didn't have us pull out all our little 3oz liquid containers but they would not allow the lighters. We should have put them in the check in bag.

Anyways, my husband has his heart set on bringing back some lighters for gifts. Is there a place in Shanghai that we can find good deals on lighters similar to the "Zippo" brand?

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to buy lighters

They are also forbidden in checked luggage. (Hope you enjoyed BJ.)

Seattle
Level Contributor
710 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to buy lighters

That's too bad. We should have checked into that before we bought them.

We really enjoyed Beijing. I'll post a TR soon :-)

3. Re: Best place to buy lighters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 23:16