We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shanghai Airlines Website The English version

Shanghai Airlines Website The English version

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2016, 21:30
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
43,945 posts
825 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shanghai Airlines Website The English version

Why? To book a flight it is best to use an online travel agent such as ctrip.com or travelzen.com. Local airlines's english websites are useless.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
228 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shanghai Airlines Website The English version

Hi rkho,

I can support what JPDeM said. I also had difficulties with Shanghai Airlines website so I bought the ticket via ctrip. Was a little bit worried whether ctrip voucher will be accepted during check in - but it went really well.

So suggest you just to buy the ticket via ctrip or elong or travelzen. Good luck.

Hangzhou, China
Level Contributor
233 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Shanghai Airlines Website The English version

Yes, they r right, try ctrip.com or travelzen.com.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Shanghai Airlines Website The English version

My name is Jim Farrell.

On January 26 I left Vancouver on a China Eastern Airlines flight, then changed planes in Shanghai and continued on to Bangkok.

Yesterday I got an e-mail indicating my return flight out of Bangkok had been changed by an hour, but before you could re-issue the ticket I had to call a 1-800 number in the United States.

This morning, at great expense, I called that number and was kept on hold for 15 minutes before I hung up.

This afternoon (Thailand time) I tried calling again but after 30 minutes I quit trying and hung up.

I am now on hold once again for 20 minutes.

My confirmation code is MFL1PC.

I want you to take that code and re-issue my ticket immediately.

And I will tell all my friends and colleagues never to book a flight with Shanghai Airlines.

Any airline that makes a person try to contact a call centre that never takes calls should not be flying passengers anywhere.

Thank you.

Jim Farrell

jfarrell1945@yahoo.ca

9755 83 Avenue

Edmonton Alberta Canada

Mentioned in this post
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
United States
United States
North America
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
43,945 posts
825 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shanghai Airlines Website The English version

Seems like this guy is in the wrong place.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,930 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shanghai Airlines Website The English version

You may not have known that Shanghai Airlines and China Eastern Airlines are a same company, Go to website english version of China Eastern Airlines, what you will see on website of Shanghai airlines will be shown also on that of China Eastern Airlines. They will share code, you will see FM XXXX below MU XXXX with a symbol of hand shaking in the middle.

Edited: 02 February 2012, 15:36
Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,930 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shanghai Airlines Website The English version

A important reminding to above poster. Price of Chinese domestic air ticket comes out of two different pricing system and the rates are different from each other. The most common and well known one is quoted by the thousands of ticket agents represented by ctrip.com, travelzen.com, any kind of tour companies, and alike. Wherever you purchase the ticket, they offer the same rate. The other kind of pricing come from the webpage of airlines themself. This kind of price is generally lower than the first resource i just mentioned. You can only obtain this price through their website. To call them to get this price dosen't work.

Another heresy or maybe the third kind is China-sss airlines, this is a famous cheap air company based in Shanghai. Their prices are never present on other online resources (ctrip, travelzen, etc) than website of themself, www.china-sss.com. Only note that their seat space is a bit narrow( you could pay just extra 30 Yuan to get a seat of more space), and free luggage is 15 KM, 5 KM less than other air companies could offer.

Miami Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Shanghai Region
Level Contributor
6,548 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shanghai Airlines Website The English version

The terms and conditions of Spring Airlines, www.china-sss.com, are many times different than almost every other China-based airline. Be careful and do not assume anything. Read both "Passenger Information" and "Conditions of Carriage."

While you might save money, the pricing system is different, like the low-cost carriers (LCCs) on other continents.

If you are experienced in taking LCCs in Europe and/or the US, then you probably understand that you take nothing for granted. If you are not experienced flying these LCCs, then you might find your travel arrangements are easier with the traditional legacy carriers in China.

As for the reason to resurrect this older thread with the above specific complaint, there seems to be some problem here we cannot hope to solve. Nor do we know all the facts.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
43,945 posts
825 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shanghai Airlines Website The English version

He is not flying domestically, he is flying to Vancouver. Spring airlines does not fly to Vancouver.

He is asking us:"I want you to take that code and re-issue my ticket immediately". We clearly cannot help him on that.

Mentioned in this post
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shanghai Airlines Website The English version

Unless you are working in Shanghai airlines