We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

China Eastern Airlines

Which Shanghai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
China Eastern Airlines

Travelling on China Eastern to New York. Anyone have any comments on service of airline? Any suggestions? Thanks

71 replies to this topic
Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: China Eastern Airlines

Services that i had encountered is better than the Lufthansa airlines i took to Melbourne but not on par with the Singapore airlines.,if u r not too fussy i would say the services r acceptable n i wouldnt mind taking it again if i need to.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: China Eastern Airlines

We travelled on Eastern airlines and I can't remember anything bad about the service, if the schedule/price is good then I would'nt have a problem flying with them again.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: China Eastern Airlines

Thanks to both of you. I have already booked flights as prices were excellent and so much cheaper than other airlines.

Stawell, Australia
Level Contributor
523 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: China Eastern Airlines

Hi just wondering if you have flown yet - I have just booked flights with them to JFK as well and interested to hear your feedback.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
455 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: China Eastern Airlines

hi , i just travelled from shanghai to Qingdao by Chinese Eastern airline yesterday, and it was just so so ,nothing very impressive compared with my first experience with China Eastern like 5 years ago.

But i am not sure with their international flight service. Hopefully you will enjoy your flight.

qinqin

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,688 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: China Eastern Airlines

I have flown from Bangkok to Shanghai and onto Harbin, good flight, good airline.

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
7,633 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: China Eastern Airlines

Pretty reasonable Airline with planes in good optical condition. Catering out of NY should be reasonably good, food out of Shanghai is marginal at best. Beverage in Eco are Sorftdrinks, Beer and Wine.

Leg space in Eco is better then on most airlines and recline isn't bad either.

Be aware that, when making seat reservations, the row numbers of seats are not correct on the China Eastern and Seat Guru webpages. At least for the A330 fleet, not sure if they are correct for the A340's used on the NY route.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
7 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: China Eastern Airlines

Just bought a ticket for my parents, BKK to JFK and LAX to BKK. They can't speak Chinese.

Hope to hear everyone's experiences.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,915 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: China Eastern Airlines

China Eastern is the No. 2 air company based in China.

No.1 is Air China, No. 3 is China Southern.

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
7,633 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: China Eastern Airlines

Your parents have to complete the arrival cards (in English) in Shanghai and go through immigration and customs, then upstairs to the departure level and clear immigration and security check again to get to the departure gate.

Therefore they should not buy any liquid or cremes at Bangkok Duty Free, as they can not bring it through security. Luggage however can be checked through.

Reply to: China Eastern Airlines
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted