We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest way from Shanghai to Tokyo?

Which Shanghai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Cheapest way from Shanghai to Tokyo?

I was looking at Cathay Pacific from Shanghai to Tokyo via Hong Kong, for £365. But this is not that cheap really. Surely there must be a better option direct from PVG-NRT.

I refuse to fly on any American airline due to the likelihood of terrorism so Delta are not an option, and that leaves me with just the shabby Chinese or Japanese carriers which I'm not too keen on.

Any help?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapest way from Shanghai to Tokyo?

Are you serious? You want cheap but not shabby? Impossible!

$500 to tokyo- thats cheap to me for a top class airline.

I do advise that china eastern ais seriously rubbish. Avoid at all cost.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapest way from Shanghai to Tokyo?

Have a look on the matrix or skyscanner websites to compare prices.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
2,754 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheapest way from Shanghai to Tokyo?

i dont think the japanese airline could fit your budget since they are not cheap. it leaves you the choice of air china, china eastern or shanghai airline ( but this one arrives at Haneda Airport )

(too bad we dont have easyjet;-P)

Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheapest way from Shanghai to Tokyo?

Hi there we are visiting our daughter in japan narita in september and plan on a side trip to beijing. try number one travel for about 300-400AUD one way

regards maddy

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheapest way from Shanghai to Tokyo?

Loads of Japanese in Shanghai which is dirt cheap compared to Japan. So they don't care how much their flights are. Accordingly flight are quite expensive. Also no private competition as all regulated by Chinese government. Cathay offer looks cheap to me!

Play with this site to get an overview about flight fares: www.ctrip.com also check flights from Shanghai Hongqiao (SHA) to Haneda (HND)

6. Re: Cheapest way from Shanghai to Tokyo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 08:17