We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to buy airfare?

Which Shanghai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
10 posts
Save Topic
where to buy airfare?

Visiting China in August. Need to purchase tickets from Hangzhou to Xian and then back to Shanghai. Is it cheaper to buy the tickets after I arrive in china or will it be the same as if I bought the tickets in the states. So far the least expensive I could find was $478.00 Usd for this itinerary. Thanks for your assistance.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
38,802 posts
808 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to buy airfare?

Buy online from one of the largest online travel agent in China: ctrip.com; travelzen.com or elong.net

Do not buy too early.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
2,754 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to buy airfare?

elong or ctrip normally

if you can understand chinese, you can try qunar.com quickly shows all the cheapest airfare:D

Hangzhou, China
Level Contributor
233 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: where to buy airfare?

U can try this one:http://airchina.travelsky.com/cab2c/index.jsp

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
38,802 posts
808 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to buy airfare?

The above is only for Air China, not the best deal.

Miami Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Shanghai Region
Level Contributor
6,471 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to buy airfare?

Please see the Top Questions in the right-hand column on the China Forum page, "How to cut costs..."

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294211-c115805/China…

The Top Questions (right-hand column) in each Forum will help answer your most common questions. They are a great resource.

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: where to buy airfare?

Thanks this information is very helpful. I am happy to save some money so I can spend it elsewhere on my trip.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where to buy airfare?

I would keep checking and buy them around 2/3 weeks before your departure, I wouldn't wait until you arrive as we did this with a couple of flights and found them to be booked up so had to change our itinerary which was a bit of a hassle as we had hotels booked.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where to buy airfare?

Qu nar is good - but ctrip is good from outside china.

And don't wipe off the people who give you airfare cards in the street. Got some of my best deals that way.

As with qu nar - if you can read its good but with the cards you can end up in a small office- you need imo some mandarin to help you through. Noting you need to call them...

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
2,754 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: where to buy airfare?

from my experience, for international flight should go for the agency, i just got my tickets for duesseldorf - shanghai round trip at 648Euro!!!!!by lufthansa, i was soooooooooo happy since that is a price hit! plus from the agency, i can bring 2*23kg luggage with me, 46kg! yeap~~~!

Indiana
Level Contributor
784 posts
406 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: where to buy airfare?

We bought ours from a US based rep of China Southern Airlines. It was nice being able to call someone and email. Phil is American born, yet fluent in Chinese, so he was very helpful.

Phillip Yu

phillip@csair.us

China Southern Airlines

Los Angeles Office

Address: 6300 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 1510

Los Angeles, CA 90048

Tel:323-653-8088 x 830

Fax:323-653-8066

www.csair.us