We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Bars with views?

Which Shanghai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Zealand
Level Contributor
74 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Best Bars with views?

I am in Shangahi at moment and am looking for a bar with amazing views to go to. Any help would be appreciated. Have had Cloud 9 at Grand Hyatt recommenede, but worries it doesn't have view of the 'orb tower' (not sur of it's name sorry.

Thanks

Jason

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
38,774 posts
808 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Bars with views?

I have no idea what the orb tower is. Do you mean the Pearl Tower?

I would suggest the Grand Hyatt. Obviously the view will depend on the pollution on that day.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Bars with views?

Cloud 9 has almost 360 degree views.

I presume that there is a bar at the top of SWFC also.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Bars with views?

I like this one: ritzcarlton.com/en/…Default.htm

Miami Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Shanghai Region
Level Contributor
6,471 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Bars with views?

All the above views are dependent on dry weather and one of the rare days when the smog clears out. There are a few of those.

Cocktail lounges and bars are a western institution in China. If you would like a bite to eat or even just appetizers along with your wine or cocktail, try the restaurants on the 8th and 10th floors of the Superbrand Mall at the Lujiazui Metro stop, Ai Wan Ting or South Beauty. You will get a great view, rain or shine, clear or smoggy, of the Huangpu River and the lighted building on the Bund. The prices are reasonable, considering the view.

Boston
Level Contributor
164 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Bars with views?

I like Glamour Bar(http://www.m-theglamourbar.com/). It isn't high up, but has a great view of the Bund.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,089 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Bars with views?

On the same side as the Astoria Hotel opposite the Orb Tower, there is a restaurant and bar and this is ourstanding. The tables haveshaped like boats and you sit in the boats have your drinks and dinner

the view is out of this world.

Walk across the bridge - the bund and bear right, walk with the water on the right of you and your will come to the restaurant.

I am sorry i can not remember the name now but you can not miss it.

Also there was a bar in the Astoria Hotel where we use to sit and see Shanghai by night. Not sure if it is still there. Ask there is bound to be someone speaking English.

happy viewing.

Albon

Haarlem, The...
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Bars with views?

Vue bar at the Hyatt on the Bund has amazing views of both the Bund and Lujiaziu (where the towers are).

For something more affordable go to the rooftop bar of the Captain Hostel on Fuzhou lu. Good view if the pearl tower.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Bars with views?

Amazing weather presently in Shanghai, perfect for open air bars! And he said that he is presently in Shanghai. Glamour has a bit of a view of Pudong but not over the Bund as it is located right at the Bund... Marriot Peoples Square bar also not bad, but indoor. Rooftop of "Barbarossa" for a different view..

9. Re: Best Bars with views?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2012, 05:17