We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shanghai Itinery

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Topic
Shanghai Itinery

Hi Hi my frens and I will be going to shanghai for 5 days from 5 april to 10 april over the Ester Holiday. Can anyone help to review the itinerary ? we wil be staying at

Golden Tulip Ashar Suites Shanghai Central.

Day 1:

Check in, Tao Bao City

Day 2:

Shanghai Xin Yang Fashion Gifts Market 中国亚太新阳市场

Super Brand Plaza 正大广场 – have dinner at Lang Yi Fang 廊亦舫.

Piano Bar in Jin Mao Tower 金茂大厦 "

Day 3:

Yu yuan /cheng huan miao 豫园/城黄庙

南翔小笼 (Lunch)

Nanjing Lu pedestrian street

Wujiang Lu snack street

Xintiandi nightlife

东台路古玩街

Day 4

港汇广场 - 徐家汇

南外滩轻纺面料市场

田子坊 (Tian zi Fang)

Huang Pu River cruise

Bird's-eye view from Shanghai World Financial Centre (go just before sunset

Bund-view dinner at Super Brand Mall

Day 5

Hangzhou Day trip

- Any advice how to go to hangzhou and what to do there?

Cotton Club
Jazz Clubs & Bars
el Ocho
Bars & Clubs
Roxie
Bars & Clubs, Gay Clubs & Bars, Dance Clubs & Discos, Wine Bars, Bar, Club & Pub Tours
Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shanghai Itinery

Hi there I cant comment too much on your schedule as I did different stuff in Shanghai but I do recall on the day I did a day tour to Suzhou and the water town of Zhouzhuang, which are incidentally both stunning that the guide said she didnt enjoy going to Hangzhou so much as so much of the day was spent traveling. Its almost 200kms so you may want to take that into account and consider what I did which was also a great day. Many agencies do this as a day tour and I can certainly recommend it.

Have a great trip

angie

www.angietravels.com

London
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shanghai Itinery

Xintiandi is a must do thing for me, especially at night.I have been told great things about it, it reminds me of Myeongdong in Seoul.

Mentioned in this post
Seoul
Seoul
South Korea
3. Re: Shanghai Itinery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 March 2012, 12:35
Edited: 30 March 2012, 12:35
4. Re: Shanghai Itinery

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 March 2012, 12:35
Edited: 30 March 2012, 12:35
Miami Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Shanghai Region
Level Contributor
6,548 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shanghai Itinery

This is a typical visitor's itinerary for someone wanting to do all the "touristy" things while avoiding getting to see and mix with natives. Nothing really wrong with this, other than you do not interact or observe the Shanghainese in their own environment. I did similar itineraries when I first went to places like New York City, London and Shanghai.

Xintiandi was created especially to mine the wallets of western tourists who like boutique neighborhoods with an aura of building preservation. Nothing really indigenous about this place, and few natives will be there. Tells you something about how "real" it is.

You could improve your plans immensely by exploring through real Old Shanghai, south of Fuxing Road east of Henan Road, then walking over to the Confucius Temple, and walking onward to Fuxing Park to watch the social interaction. You might see the tai chi, singing, ballroom dancing, and various other things. All Shanghai parks feature a changing show of human social activities, so visit them at several different times of the day.

I also recommend you avoid East Nanjing Lu, one of the world's top ten tourist traps, and instead wander through the former French Concession, now named variously as Luwan and part of Huangpu District. There are walking tours in many guide books. I suggest the DK Eyewitness Guide to Beijing & Shanghai showing you in color everything there is to see on an "a la carte menu" of sorts. There also is an excellent pull out street map of the city.

If you are going shopping, then may I suggest two other places? On the first day visit the South Bund Soft Spinning Material Market and take several clothing items to be copied in silks, cashmeres and other fabrics. They will be done in three days. I have enjoyed the workmanship of Shen Yue Mei in Booth 3rd Floor, 380. Of course, there are hundreds to choose from.

Also, I think you will see a much bigger selection of booths, although the merchandise all seems to look the same after a while, at the Science & Technology Museum Metro Stop on Line 2. It is larger than what you call Tao Bao, and easier to get to. The market is located right on the ticketing level of the subway station.

You may or may not enjoy Hangzhou. It is a large open unpolluted park-like environment around West Lake. Yes, it is beautiful in a sense, especially for Chinese who have congested and polluted cities as the normal existence. However, for those exposed to huge open parklands, you might enjoy either a historic watertown or Suzhou, the home of China's best collection of ancient gardens. You get to Hangzhou or Suzhou on the bullet trains, a very short ride. To get to Suzhou you have your choice of a tedious bus ride or the bullet train transferring to taxi in Suzhou.

Mentioned in this post
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
13 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shanghai Itinery

I will be in Shanghai 4 days and then on to Beijing.

Where would be the best and cheapest place to purchase airline tickets from Shanghai to Beijing?

I love you idea ot go to Suzhou and to stay away from the tourist shopping.

I am staying in Pudong New area of Shanghai on Dong Fang Rd.

Also, what is the best way to get from the Pudong airport to Dong Fang Rd.

Airport express line, to where?

Thanks for any help as I have not been to China or any part of Asia before.

Sharon B.

Mentioned in this post
Asia
Asia
World
Hangzhou, China
Level Contributor
233 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Shanghai Itinery

For cheap airline tickets, pls check http://www.tdtflights.com

http://english.ctrip.com or eLong website.

8. Re: Shanghai Itinery

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2013, 10:20