We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shanghai Pudong Massage near Intercontinental Hotel

Which Shanghai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston, USA
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Shanghai Pudong Massage near Intercontinental Hotel

Hello. I'm currently staying at the Intercontinental Shanghai Pudong and would like to visit a local massage place to get an hour long massage for under 100 RMB. I'm looking for suggestions (location / prices) nearby that are clean and do not involve happy endings. Thank you in advance for your guidance.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shanghai Pudong Massage near Intercontinental Hotel

Your hotel is located close at Century avenue.A short taxi ride of 14Rmb or a walk for about 20 minutes to Pudong nanlu/Weifang road there are several massage centers.,about 4 or5 in a row.They are easy to find as they are about opposite to Eversunshine hotel,close to babaiban.,Nextage shopping mall.Prices are reasonable.

Green massage at SWFC would be expensive but it is popular.So also the Gualangyu massage center at Pudong .Gualngyu is also costly.

Another affordable massage center at the intersection of Fucheng road/Weifang road.,at affordable pricing.

Boston, USA
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shanghai Pudong Massage near Intercontinental Hotel

Hi thank you. I took a walk this evening to try and locate a good massage. I ended up at the intersection of Fucheng road/Weifang road, and saw several massage places. Unfortunately, many of them do not look like places where you can just get a massage (I do not want a happy ending or sexual massage).

I did see one place at the corner of Pucheng and Weifang called Bamboo 7. This establishment seems legitimate, however, the prices are a little on the higher side (approximately 118 RMB for 60 minutes of a Chinese massage).

Two questions:

1. Do you think that Bamboo 7 is affordable? Or, are there other places that offer a better price (if so, which ones)?

2. Can you provide more details on how to find the other massage places that you mentioned - the Eversunshine hotel and nextage are not really close to one another. Do you have an address of a place you would recommend? Thank you!

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shanghai Pudong Massage near Intercontinental Hotel

Green massage in SWFC.,3rd floor about 200Rmb for 90mins massage

Siyanli at 8th floor,501 Zhangyang road,near Pudong south road,Shangcheng road station exit 4.

Vita spa at Yaohan store at your hotel.

Natural beauty at at Zhangyang road near Yuanshen road..,exit at Minsheng road station exit 2.

Chlitina massage and spa at 3061 Zhangyang road,near JuJiajiao road.

Wenfeng massage at 1076 Pudong avenue

Tang massage at 341 Sangcheng road,near Pucheng road.

Touch spa at 6th floor Royale Oriental hotel,2288Pudong avenue

Shile fei fei xiang at 599Fangdian road near Jinxiu road

Show yu spa Meihua road 967

Chiltina spa at 1476Pujian road near Dongjian road

and several others at intersection of Pudong nanlu/Weifang road.

Tried Bamboo 7 before and quite satisfied but it was at least 5 years ago.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shanghai Pudong Massage near Intercontinental Hotel

Good luck!on your search.

Boston, USA
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shanghai Pudong Massage near Intercontinental Hotel

Thank you so much for all of the input. The guidance was helpful to me, and I'm sure will be helpful to others moving forward.

I ended up using the following:

Shanghai Gifted Blindman Massage Center

Address: 2/F, 640 Zhangyang Lu

The blindman massage center is very conveniently located, essentially right across the street from the Intercontinental (use the door to the right of the family mart convenience store and use the stairs to go to the second floor).

I got a 60 minute Chinese Massage for 80 RMB. The environment was clean and the staff was professional. The menu of offerings was available in English upon checking in, the front desk woman spoke a little English, and the masseuse spoke a few key English words that allowed the massage to go smoothly.

Edited: 07 June 2012, 17:30
Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
61 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shanghai Pudong Massage near Intercontinental Hotel

I go to Bamboo 7 in Pudong (Jinqiao) almost every week. It's clean, the workers are friendly, and it's not a "sex" massage place at all. Just for future reference for people coming to Shanghai looking for massages!

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
2,754 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shanghai Pudong Massage near Intercontinental Hotel

normally i recommend dragonfly, which you can find it all around shanghai.

8. Re: Shanghai Pudong Massage near Intercontinental Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 10:16