We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 days / 7 nights in Shanghai, Hangzhou, Suzhou

Which Shanghai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
6 days / 7 nights in Shanghai, Hangzhou, Suzhou

How should I divide these cities in a week? Should Hangzhou and Suzhou be a day trip from Shanghai or are they worth staying 1 night? Is Nanjing worth visiting?

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
19,081 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 days / 7 nights in Shanghai, Hangzhou, Suzhou

Nanjing is definitely worth visiting. Suzhou and Hangzhou can both be a day trip, but I would overnight in Suzhou.

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,420 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 days / 7 nights in Shanghai, Hangzhou, Suzhou

I would spend a night in Hanghzou since there is so much to see.

Guilin
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 days / 7 nights in Shanghai, Hangzhou, Suzhou

Two of them are laid-back cities and an overngiht stay in both of them is nice. Hangzhou Weslake impression show and night tour in the Suzhou gardens offer night sights different from day time.

Nanjing is worth of a visit with long historical sites that usually can be done in 1-2 days dependent on your interest.

If you are into water town, Tongli, easily acccessed by half-an-hour bus or taxi from Suzhou can be considered to include for a half-day visit or overnight stay.

Shenzhen, China
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 6 days / 7 nights in Shanghai, Hangzhou, Suzhou

6 days / 7 nights in Shanghai, Hangzhou, Suzhou ,Nanjing

Day1: arrival Shanghai

Day2: Shanghai to Nanjing (by train around 90 minutes)

Day3: Nanjing to Wuxi

Day4: Wuxi - Tongli - Suzhou

Day5: Suzhou - Hangzhou

Day6: Hangzhou-Shanghai

Day7: Shanghai departure

for your reference ,hope this can help you.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 6 days / 7 nights in Shanghai, Hangzhou, Suzhou

thanks everyone ^^

6. Re: 6 days / 7 nights in Shanghai, Hangzhou, Suzhou

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 July 2012, 13:05
Miami Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Shanghai Region
Level Contributor
6,476 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 6 days / 7 nights in Shanghai, Hangzhou, Suzhou

Please aboid Phoebe's itinerary, as it puts you in a different city every night, much like a group tour. What a hassle.

You have the right idea, base yourself in Shanghai and take day trips. When you take an overnight, like to Nanjing, Hangzhou or Suzhou, then leave your larger bags behind at your hotel for free. Making traveling much more enjoyable with just an overnighter.

I recommend Suzhou for an overnight stay, as you can get an early start at the Humble Administrator's Garden before the group tours with snake-like crowds wandering through with a guide with bullhorn at the fore.

Hangzhou is worth an overnight only if you are staying late to see the Impressions West Lake show which I highly recommend.

Ideally, I would stay in Shanghai, visit Tongli for a day, stay overnight at Suzhou, visit the gardens the next day and then head back.

Nanjing is fascinating if you are interested in 19th and 20th Century Chinese history. Otherwise, you have your hands full with Hangzhou, Tongli and Suzhou, in addition to a few days exploring Shanghai.

8. Re: 6 days / 7 nights in Shanghai, Hangzhou, Suzhou

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2013, 10:16