We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi from Longyang MagLev station

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
taxi from Longyang MagLev station

Just a warning to fellow travelers:

This is pretty standard travel advice regardless of destination, but nonetheless I fell victim. Last month I arrived in Shanghai and took the MagLev train in to town from the airport. The MagLev was great and I recommend it, but I stupidly accepted the offer of a taxi tout who charged me 350 yuan which is a huge ripoff. It was my first trip to China and I wasn't familiar with the exchange rate, plus he gave me a receipt, so I figured it might be legit, but it definitely was not. So a reminder: don't accept offers from taxi touts, wherever you are in the world, and familiarize yourself with how much you should be paying before you start your trip.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
41,326 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi from Longyang MagLev station

Good advice anywhere on the world indeed. There is a taxi lineup and as you get close to the end of the line, there is a sign with fare estimates for various destinations.

shanghai
Level Contributor
79 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi from Longyang MagLev station

i will say it might be from those private taxi owner especially for their rego plate to start with BX, or DX

Singapore
Level Contributor
269 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi from Longyang MagLev station

I think we paid only about 50yuan from downtown to Longyang Rd Station by cab.

BUT the cab-driver tried to talk us out of taking the Maglev Train to the airport saying that the Maglev technology was very bad for health etc we didn't listen since we wanted to go for the Maglev experience ! :-)

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
566 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi from Longyang MagLev station

Wow .. 350 can get you from Lujiazui to Pudong airport and back.

5. Re: taxi from Longyang MagLev station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2014, 06:17