We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on sleeper train from Beijing

Which Shanghai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Osaka, Japan
Level Contributor
54 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on sleeper train from Beijing

Would getting a sleeper train from Beijing to Shanghai on December 29th make it risky that I'd miss my flight from Pudong on the 30th at 1:50pm?

I seem to have the pick of several trains arriving around 7am or 9am on the 30th, but from what I've read Shanghai Station is quite some distance from Pudong airport. I'd need to be at the airport for around 11.30am.

Are sleeper trains delayed / cancelled often enough to make this a risk?

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
38,815 posts
808 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on sleeper train from Beijing

It is extremely rare that a train would be delayed and never heard of one being cancelled. Certainly a lot more reliable than trying to fly.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,913 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on sleeper train from Beijing

Never cancelled, rarely delayed for line Beijing-Shanghai. Bur delay is still possible.

3. Re: Advice on sleeper train from Beijing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2014, 05:22