We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Shanghai hotel location

Which Shanghai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Best Shanghai hotel location

My 13 year old son and I have a free day (Sunday) in Shanghai before our tour starts the next day. We want to take the bullet train to Xinjing (I know I am misspelling it-the water village where Mission Impossible was filmed) and still have time to get a massage at the Dragonfly or the Blind massage center. Our tour can put us either in the Holiday Inn Express or Hotel Yuns Palace for a little more money. Which location would be better for what we want to do? The next day, our tour guide (private guide through BeijingToursguide.com is taking us to see pretty much everything else in Shanghai, and then we are taking overnite train to Xian and then on to Beijing). Thanks!

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
18,786 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Shanghai hotel location

It's Xitang.

Which Holiday Inn Express? I think there are more than one in Shanghai. And you are talking about Yun's Paradise (not Palace) Hotel, right?

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Shanghai hotel location

According to ihg.com there are 9 HI Express in Shanghai...

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Shanghai hotel location

The Holiday Inn Express Wujiaochang, and yes, Yun's Paradiss (not Palace).

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
18,786 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Shanghai hotel location

I think that HI is way out of the center of town. Yun's Paradise may be closer in town. Be sure to check the reviews for these hotels. But why not do your own hotel booking?

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
21 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Shanghai hotel location

I want to know the good 3* hotel near BUND / Nanjing road street for my Shanghai treat. The cost should be around 50 USD per night....same as The Holiday Inn Express Wujiaochang / The Holiday Inn Express Zahebi.

JHB
Level Contributor
7 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Shanghai hotel location

I am also looking at best location for shopping and food, Shangri-la pudong is one of my list , hope its good .

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Shanghai hotel location

hello2hero: You won`t get a hotel near the Bund for 50 USD! That is why all HI are not in the city center, to be able to offer such low rates.

Alice: Shangri La Pudong is superb although personally I would prefer Puxi side (i.e. the other side of the river). Just because more lively in the evening there. Check the Westin, Le Meridien, Radisson New World, Marriott Tomorrow Square.

8. Re: Best Shanghai hotel location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2015, 05:15