We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live Jazz in Shanghai

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Topic
Live Jazz in Shanghai

I've been a regular visitor to Shanghai for the last 4 years and have been to House of Blues and Jazz, Peace Hotel, Long Bar at the Waldorf and JZ, all of these places have good music.

What about other places in Shanghai, including other 5 star hotels, what am I missing ??

Smartshanghai and cityweekend do not do proper updates and for some reason exclude the 5 star properties. Both the Hyatts claim to have jazz

Can some one help me out, and tell me what I am missing.

Thanks.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live Jazz in Shanghai

You definitely missed the Cotton Club: smartshanghai.com/venue/…Cotton_Club_shanghai

Music starts late, not before 2230. However suggest you to go there early enough to get a seat as it fills up very quickly then. Some nights have special "theme nights" where they invite other musicians to jam. So if you don`t like the music on one night, go there next night. Mondays closed.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Live Jazz in Shanghai

Thanx Iaowai88 for reply. I have been to the CC, in fact last time I was here there was a JZ jazz festival on. You are very right, not every jazz can appeal to every individual. I do find their jazz a bit too serious for me, let's say I am more on the bluesy side of jazz.

How about other places in the 5 star hotels and like Bar Rouge, etc ? Worth checking out ? I am disappointed with the poor response to this post. One of the best things I like about Shanghai is the vibrant music scene.....I guess people who are active on TA are not that serious about music.

Shanghai, China
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Live Jazz in Shanghai

JZ-Latino is just the place for you..

timeoutshanghai.com/venue/…JZ-Latino.html

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
301 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live Jazz in Shanghai

Jazz is my religion.

What I find great here is the music in the cafés and markets so much better than other parts of the world.

5. Re: Live Jazz in Shanghai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2015, 05:15